*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822632-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#822632 added July 15, 2014 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Monday
And the day comes winding down to a close. I got absorbed into a movie and didn't watch the time, so it's much later than I intended, and past the midnight mark in WDC. Here in South Dakota, it's just four minutes past eleven in the evening, so I still get my 750 words written on Monday, but my post in WDC will show Tuesday.

It was a long day at work again, and only getting three hours of sleep didn't shorten it up any. I also was up a few times in that three hours to use the bathroom. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have been running to the bathroom about every hour during the night. I'm also having to go to the bathroom more during the day, too. Rhonda told me it's probably my body flushing the toxins from the infection out, and that does make sense to me.

I also have been having muscle cramps and spasms. For a few days the muscles in my right shoulder kept getting spasms, but now it's stopped finally. Instead, I'm getting them in my upper right leg. I also have some very tight muscles in that leg, and it's causing a lot of intense pain. It's not even the surface muscles, which would be better, I could use heat and cold on them, Rhonda could massage them, and even lotions and ointments might help. But, these muscles are deep, down by the bone, and difficult to work at all.

I just hope that it stops about as fast as it started. It started in the side, almost over the right kidney, then localized in the right side of my lower back. Rhonda was able to work the area with her talented fingers, and the massaging helped a lot. I also used the TENS unit on the area, and that seemed to help a lot, too. But, instead of going away, the pain moved into the right upper leg, in front, on the side, and in the hip.

Again, Rhonda worked the area real well, and it helped, but the pain did not go away, it moved to the lower area of the upper leg, manifesting itself just above the right knee. It is also creating a lot of pain in the knee itself, as a result of the tight muscles pulling against the knee. As a result, the knee itself, and the front of the leg above it for about eight inches is very sore, throbbing, and tighter than a banjo string. Again, not the surface muscles, but the deeper ones down by the bone.

It started when my tooth flared up, and seems to be connected. I know it may not have anything to do with the tooth, but it seems like it started in with the pain the day after my tooth started hurting so bad. I remember because I thought the hip and side hurt at first from sleeping on that side. I couldn't sleep on my left side, as I normally do, because the tooth was on the left and it hurt more if I placed pressure on it, even the pressure from my pillow. I know I roll around and sleep on both sides during the night, but with my tooth hurting so bad, I didn't roll over and ended up on my right side most of the night.

But, now I don't think that was the case at all. I know I slept on it most of the night, but I don't think that is the cause of any of the pain. If that was the case it would have cleared up by now, and it sure as heck wouldn't be moving around. How or why an infected tooth messed up my side and leg, I don't know, but it's other the case or it's a coincidence that they both happened within twenty four hours of each other.

The only other explanation would be a pinched nerve in my back, which does happen once in a while, but it's never been like this. That shoots pain down my right butt cheek, and down the back of the leg, all the way down to my toes sometimes. But, it does not feel the same as this, and it does not make the muscles tighten like they are now. No, I'm sure it's not resulting from my back, but something different. I'm going to remain hopeful that it's a result of the infected tooth, but if it does not get better pretty soon, I'll have to pay a visit to the clinic and have a talk with my doctor.

There is one other possibility, and that is Lyme's Disease. I know that causes all sorts of bizzare problems and affects various parts of the body at different times. I could research it a bit and learn more, but it either is or it isn't. I'm hoping it isn't, and it will clear up, but since I did get bit by a deer tick last summer and did not realize it until the red bulls-eye pattern had appeared, it's a possibility that I was a bit late in seeing my doctor and getting on an anti-biotic.

From what I understand, if the infection gets going to long, it's difficult to clear up. It gets into areas that the antibiotic doesn't reach and then surfaces again and again. The treatment then becomes a large dose of various types of antibiotic, for a longer period of time, until the disease is gone. Again, it's just some general knowledge of the sickness, and I would have to research it more, and talk to my doctor to know for sure.

But, since I did take an antibiotic and did not have any problems for a while, I'm hoping, like I had said, that it just clears up and goes away.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822632-Monday