*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822724-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#822724 added July 15, 2014 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Once again I'm getting in here a bit late. It's funny how it's always the things I enjoy the most that have to wait till the end of the day. One day, I will have enough time to do what needs doing and still have time left over to do what I want. But, for now, it's a matter of what needs attention the most.

Of course, I didn't get a very early start to this day, but it was nice to sleep in, too. It was a day off, so I didn't set any alarm and just got up when I woke up. Only, Rhonda was looking out for me and came in and woke me up around ten. Of course, Hannah, our little dinger dog also had to come in and wake me up. She's so cute, she sometimes jumps up and snuggles me until Rhonda comes in, or if it's warm, she lies in my recliner and waits for Rhonda to come in to wake me. Then she jumps up and gets right up by my arm, and gives me kisses just like Rhonda does.

After getting up, I spent a little time enjoying some coffee with Rhonda, then she worked my sore log real good. It hurt like the dickens to have her give a deep massage, but it did help out a lot. It did pretty good all day, and I was on my feet a lot. She worked on the yard, mowing, while I set about figuring how to mount an air conditioner into the kitchen window.  It's a side slide window, and pretty old, so it has always been difficult to put the A/C into it, without it leaking air, water, and insects.

Last year I cut some boards and put in to seal it up, but even then it took a lot of foam and duct tape to get it all sealed, and then it still wasn't very secure in the window. So, this year I tried something different. We had the idea last year, but never got a chance to try  it out. I mounted the A/C unit onto a piece of plywood. Then, I sealed it all up real good and mounted the plywood into the window.  I did pull the unit apart and cleaned it good, and it should work a lot better and more efficient now.

Then, after getting the unit mounted to the plywood, we mounted the whole works into the window. There wasn't much to fasten it too, so I took a couple pieces of oak pallet lumber I had left, trimmed them down to fit into the slides the window fit in, and them mounted the plywood to the oak boards that now fit down into the grooves the window itself fit. I fastened the plywood with the A/C unit to the oak, and then put a chunk of pipe wrapping foam into the only section that still needed sealing. It worked great, and now we have one A/C unit mounted and usable. Only, something isn't square. It's either the window, or the plywood, or I suppose it could be a bit of both.

What ever the cause, it resulted in the A/C unit being kind of  at a kilter. It does not look the best, but I'll give it a try and see if it drains right and works proper. If it does, it will stay crooked until next season, but if it does not work right, I'll have to cut another section of ply wood to fix it. I'm hoping it works just fine, and it will do until next season when I go to put it back in.

I still need to put another A/C unit int he living room, and am going to do it the same way. I already have the plywood cut and ready to put in, I jut need to cut an opening the A/C will fit in, then seal it good. But it was getting pretty late so I stopped with on in and one not quite ready. I will finish it all up, tomorrow.  It should not take very long to finish this one up, and Im double checking everything to ensure it is put in right, and that it fits square.

Now, I'm getting so very tired, and that makes it difficult to write. Not only that, but it makes me want to go snuggle Rhonda in bed and call it a day. Only the fire is burning and I want to enjoy it for a while. So this is enough of this, now it's time to go out and enjoy the night...

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822724-Tuesday