*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822656-Blog-134-Conspiracy-theories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#822656 added July 15, 2014 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Blog 134 Conspiracy theories
Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? Which ones and why?

This had me thinking as I do believe in some "conspiracy theories."  Most of these theories are based on some kind of fact.  Much like the legends of long ago. The stories are exaggerated, and added to as it is heard and passed from person to person. 

In this day and age with the media, both facts and fiction can be found at the tips of our fingers. These theories are hashed and re-hashed in the media.  Jesse Ventura, a retired professional wrestler, the one time Minnesota Governor (and not a bad one), and actor had a show on TV called Conspiracy Theories.  I liked watching it. I liked how he either debunked them or brought to the viewer the parts that were the truth.

The term Conspiracy Theory  is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation. (Wiki)

I loved this explanation in Wiki-"Originally a neutral term, since the mid-1960s it has acquired a somewhat derogatory meaning, implying a paranoid tendency to see the influence of some malign covert agency in events. The term is often used to automatically dismiss claims that the critic deems ridiculous, misconceived, paranoid, unfounded, outlandish, or irrational. A conspiracy theory that is proven to be correct, such as the notion that United States President Richard Nixon and his aides conspired to cover up Watergate, is usually referred to as something else, such as investigative journalism or historical analysis. Despite conspiracy theorists often being dismissed as a "fringe group," polling suggests that people from a wide variety of economic and cultural backgrounds continue to believe in certain conspiracy theories."

I happen to believe the Bilderberg Group is doing things in the world that manipulates economy and population.  The more I have followed their actions and what people have discovered, the more I'm convinced of their involvement in the above situations. Am I fanatical about them? No. Will my belief or disbelief change them or what they are doing? No. Will I run around spreading stories about them? Not really, but I will share what I learn about them for those who wish to know. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find my observations come to be true. If not, well I was wrong, it sure was fun in the mean time.

As the Wiki article states, the term Conspiracy Theory has gotten a bad reputation. Here is another excerpt from Wiki. "most of its operations, the CIA is by definition a conspiracy, using covert actions and secret plans, many of which are of the most unsavory kind. What are covert operations if not conspiracies? At the same time, the CIA is an institution, a structural part of the national security state. In sum, the agency is an institutionalized conspiracy." Let's for a moment bring this into this moment in time and substitute THE IRS for CIA. We have a complete description of a Conspirator and it isn't followed by Theory. Although its not been proved in court yet, all facts are pointing to the IRS being a Conspiracy Theory.  Innocent until proven guilty is the motto even when all the fact to this point indicate there is something very fishy going on.

The more I read on Wiki about this subject the more interested I became. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory ) Here is the link.  The ideas written on this page begin to trigger ideas. The backgrounds of many books are based on these very things. There is a whole list of  theories you can look at. This list could possible become the outline of a best seller. Many authors have taken these Theories and written stories based loosely on some of these Theories. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

Take a look through the list and see if there isn't something that jumps out at you and says, "Here write about me!"  ((*Hand1* *figurative hand waving in your face* *Hand2*))  *Peace2*




© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822656-Blog-134-Conspiracy-theories