*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822840-From-the-Mouth-of-Babes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1997141
Writing on thoughts, emotions and behaviors
#822840 added July 17, 2014 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
From the Mouth of Babes!
My grandson said yesterday, our society is more concerned about the treatment of  animals than they are about babies, children and old people.  They will  raise holy you know what about the beating of a dog, but say nothing about the millions of abortions that take place.  Then he said, grandmother, I placed my hand on my girlfriend's stomach yesterday, and every time I did, our baby would push or touch my hand.  When her parents did exactly the same thing, my son did not move.  How does he know to do that?  I sat and listened to him for a very long time as he talked about this and many other things, and I wondered out loud about what we have come to in our enlightened society.

Abortions are encouraged.  Good and proper, and every  woman's right.

Parents believe that they cannot discipline their children or they will themselves be put in jail for child abuse.

Executions are legal.  Many states still believe in and carry out such bad laws.

Children are encouraged to do anything they are big enough to do, and to succeed at any cost.

We expect the village to help with the children, but the village better not offer discipline or disagreement with our wonderful children or our great parenting skills.

The higher the number on our paychecks the greater the respect we are given regardless or how the money was earned or how it is being used.

Absolutely no regard or respect of the elderly, persons in charge/authority, or even the weak, the poor, the homeless, or the hungry.

Bigger, bolder, larger, humongous churches boasting thousands of members, and the ministers do not know most of the congregants names, and taking care of the poor means taking care of our members only  with media blitz about the few crumbs handed out every now and then to the poor.

Participation in our democratic society now means how much can you give, who can raise the most money, buy the most ads, media time, largest signs, and spit out the most nasty rhetoric about the other person.

Living above your means, and blaming everyone else for your plight, but you refuse to go to school, study, and make learning a life long endeavor.

CORE VALUES have changed.  Do we even remember what they were?  Obviously, we have not taught them to our children or they did not get the lessons.  Whatever the reason, we have come to a place in life where anything and everything is okay, but we are appalled at the outcomes!  To me, that is amazing.

Go to school, study hard, learn reading, "riting" and " ryhmetic" so that you can get a good job, and help somebody else.  In other words, get a good education, and that will lead to a good job.

Don't expect a handout, but know that there will always be someone to provide you a hand up, if you show yourself worthy, you're honest, and that you will work hard to obtain your goals.

Be honest.  Have integrity.  Respect your elder.  Give to the poor.  Have a spiritual life.  Be good at what you do.  If you decide to be a ditch digger, then be the best ditch digger in the world.  It is honorable work.

Love thy neighbor as thy self.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  Charity begins at home and spread abroad.  Choose the less traveled road.  Counting your blessings.  Be quick to forgive.  Show thy self worthy.  Give an honest day's work for an honest day's pay.  LIVE AND LET LIVE for thy shall not kill.

Sounds so simple, and once upon a time was the way of life in America.  Seems so foreign now; but then, those were the good old days.  Funny how the fight for equality in America turned into a big fight for greedy, godlessness, hatred in a new form, racism in a new garment, and those for whom the fight was waged are economically, spiritually, and physically worse off now than they were back then.

Let's find the good in what has come out of our enlightened age.  Let's reclaim what was good in the old days.  Let's carve out a better future for everyone by putting the two together, and making America the place that it can be.  SHOULD BE!

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822840-From-the-Mouth-of-Babes