*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823439-Good-newsBad-news
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#823439 added July 24, 2014 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Good news/Bad news
The good news is--I have a four day weekend this weekend. The bad news is I will be only working 30 hours/week for up to four weeks or more, which puts a major strain on my finances. It may not sound like much but 20 hours lost per pay period= -$360.00 per month. That equals roughly to 3/4ths of my rent every month.

Good news, I will have the time I enjoy (?) to write more. The question mark is of course, will I really be enjoying my extra time knowing the cost and potentially worrying over how I'm going to manage to meet my financial obligations.

Another good news thing--I was up at 7 am this morning with little problem. I am officially acclimated to a dayshift schedule. It only took me, what, three months. *RollEyes*

Well, heres to making good on what is given so casually by my bosses at work. Little do they know exactly what they have done.

Another good thing about this temporary schedule, I will only have to miss one working day instead of two when I go to the SpoCon event this coming August. Of course, the bad news is where am I going to get the $$ to go. Oh, don't fret--I AM Going--I'm not going to sit here at home and stew in my own 'juices' because work went south for the summer that weekend in August! The tickets are bought and I'm going! (visualize a stern Grandma with her arms crossed over her bosoms and tapping her right foot with emphasis when she says, "Come hell or high water, I'm going and there is nothing you or anyone else can say to change my mind.") So there! *Laugh*


Oh, CJ Cherrhy will be there, did I mention that earlier? She lives in the area and goes every year.

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823439-Good-newsBad-news