*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823496-Travel-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#823496 added July 25, 2014 at 5:05am
Restrictions: None
Travel Plans
Early this year the friends we have travelled with three times to the USA discovered their son and wife are expecting a second child. Of course, this means a fourth trip across the pond to meet their new grandchild, a boy, due in August. At the time it seemed extremely unlikely we would be able to join them as hubby was in pain and reduced to walking on crutches.

However, since his operation in June he's made good progress and the surgeon has confirmed he should be recovered enough to take the trip. It's two years since our last visit, during which we've only had one week away from home which was hardly relaxing as Mey Ling was rushed into hospital for an emergency caesarean operation back in England. Hard to believe Bobby is now almost 14 months old and into everything.

So, on August 19th we'll hopefully be setting off for Southampton once more and taking another few weeks to explore the US of A. With little time to plan, limited choices and finances we've had to put together an itinerary quite quickly. We'll be staying in Salt Lake, Yellowstone, Memphis, New Orleans and St Louis before returning home on the QM2. I'm looking forward to it, but also have mixed emotions for various reasons.

But until then there's little time to dwell on it. It will be all planning, sorting, shopping, birthdays and packing with very little time to spare. As we are at present enjoying a rare heatwave it's making it difficult to do any dashing about, but you won't hear me complain and I'm sure we'll get everything done in time. It should get easier with each trip, but it also gets more complicated.

As the children are now on holiday from school we've also promised to take the grand monsters out a few times before we leave. Anyone who claims to have too much time on their hands in retirement must live a totally different life to my own. Off to Nottingham now to purchase a few essentials...

Still waiting for the Lottery win.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823496-Travel-Plans