*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824446-Here-Comes-Another
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#824446 added August 4, 2014 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Here Comes Another
Many moons ago in my youth and a time of Beatles obsession I’d listen to this song, but never imagined it would one day apply to myself. *Shock*




I guess I can console myself it’s not all fitting. As far as I know I’m not losing my hair and even though I have the three grandchildren on my knee, thankfully they aren’t called Vera, Chuck and Dave.

I do sometimes sit knitting by the fireside and I wouldn’t mind renting a cottage in the Isle of Wight every summer, but definitely ask more of life than doing the garden and digging the weeds. Maybe I shouldn’t.

As for going out until quarter to three, chance would be a fine thing. I’d come home to more than a locked door I can tell you. But hey, it’s not all bad. I do still get the Valentine, Birthday greetings and bottle(s) of wine.

Many of which will be accompanying me today along with my gals for another day messing about on the river. Two weeks today I’ll be setting off to board a much bigger boat, but I’ll think about that tomorrow. No I won’t…that’s Dylan’s sixth burpday and I’ll be needed for bouncy castles and jelly.

In the words of my sixties heroes I’m so tired and could do with eight days a week. I need to be here, there and everywhere and it’s a long and winding road ahead. Nothing for it but just let it be and I’m sure I’ll get by with a little help from my friends before setting off on our magical mystery tour.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824446-Here-Comes-Another