*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823709-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#823709 added July 27, 2014 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
The weekend is over and one more day of work, then three days off. Today went by pretty fast, and I felt a lot better with a full night of sleep, but tomorrow will be a rough day, twelve hours and short on sleep. I should already be in bed sleeping if I'm going to get up at three in the morning for work, but I'm still waiting for Rhonda to get home. Then,  a short visit with her to see how her evening went at work, and it's off to bed for me.

I've done pretty well so far this weekend, getting at least six hours of sleep in a night, and I'm going to give it a good try to get to bed earlier than I normally do on a Sunday night. It feels pretty good to be through the weekend and only one day left, and still not be so tired I can't think.  The only problem is, I'm getting a sore throat. It started around noon, just a little bit of a sore spot in the back of the throat, but as the afternoon passed by, it got worse and worse. I thought it was from the dryness in the air, but even with sipping on liquids it has gotten worse.

It feels more like it's raw than infected, but why? I suppose I contacted something from one of the guests passing through. It's amazing how rude and crude some people can be. But, I'm off of work and not going to go there. It's enough to put up with this crudeness at work, I don't need to dwell on it at home. Besides, it doesn't matter how I got this sore throat, what matters is, getting rid of it.

I had a short pause in my writing to talk on the phone; Rhonda is on her way home now. It was a short pause while I talked to her, she calls to let me know she is done with work and on her way home. She also mentioned she is now getting a sore throat. I forgot my bottle of water at work, so she decided to finish it off for me, and shortly after, she started getting a sore throat, too. She also mentioned that she has been having a bit of an ear problem, and thinks that is why her throat is now sore. It could be, and that means I got this from her, or, she got her sore throat from sharing my water, catching this from me. The most likely conclusion is, we both got it from the same person at work.

Only, now that I think about it, my guess that it was a guest passing through may not be right. One of the head cashiers that came out today seemed to be sniffling and coughing some. So, we may have contacted it from her, or from a guest, or from just about anyplace. Again, it really doesn't matter, as long as it's short lived and we can get rid of it soon. I'm drinking plenty of fluids tonight, and had some chicken soup for my dinner, so I have a good start.

I also have a cup of echinacea tea which is suppose to help a person recover faster. It boosts the immune system, or so they claim. I've used it before, and it seems to help. I try and use natural remedies as much as possible, and have found a lot of the items recommended in the book, Green Pharmacy, work wonders. I'm not against modern medicine, and also work through my family doctor if needed, it's just so expensive, and if I can treat myself it's always more comfortable and cheaper to use natural cures. But, if it starts to look like strep or I can't get rid of it in a reasonable amount of time, it's off to the clinic for me.

I also have a lot of pain in one leg, the upper part. It's been going on for a week or two, and I have no idea why. It's in the muscles, they knot up and get to aching, but Rhonda cannot get them to go away. She does get them to decrease in size, and have gotten rid of some of them, but they come right back. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Enough about ailing and pains, it's time to get going and see Rhonda. She's home now, the dogs are excited, and she's being pretty loud herself, so it's getting kind of difficult to focus on writing anything. I made my seven hundred and fifty words, now it's time to shut this contraption down and spend a few minutes visiting before I go off to bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823709-Sunday