*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823788-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#823788 added July 28, 2014 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Monday is done and over. I should already be in bed, but first I want to write my journal entry. Yesterday I mentioned I had a slight sore throat, and was hoping it would be gone by today. Well, that didn't happen, I woke up this morning with a pretty bad sore throat. It wasn't real bad, but it was sore and causing me to suffer some. Then today at work, some knucklehead mumbles something about returns and drives right into the yard without even coming to a complete stop.

That's the way it goes some days, if the gate is put up for one person, the person behind will gun it and try to run right past. I had to yell about three or four times for the idiot to stop, and that was all it took to finish my sore throat off. It was enough the way it was, now I cannot talk at all, it hurts something awful, and the guy went and filed a complaint against me in the store.

Not that it did him any good, but just the thought of it kind of irks me. I'm doing my job, as it's suppose to be done, and he knows it. He comes through quite often, but on Rhonda's shift, not when I'm there. He knows better, but seen someone different and thought he could get away with it. Of course, in our discussion after he stopped, he assumed I was new and tried telling me they always let him just drive right in. I didn't bother to tell him not only have I been there for over two years, I've been the supervisor for two years, as well.

I didn't bother to explain to him any of that, it really didn't make any difference, and after I explained the policy and let him enter the yard, he picked up his items and then went in and talked to the general manager about me yelling at him, making him stop, and making him provide proof that he had access to the yard. I'm sure he also explained to the general manager that I had given him the riot act as well.

I didn't hear anything about it, I seldom do. Once in a while, if the person is cussing me out and really making an ass out of self I hear about it, but only because the general manager also gives them a riot act about me doing my job, and they need to apologize to me. But, on occasions like this, I seldom hear anything unless it's through someone who overhears the whole conversation. I do know that when this person exited the yard, he had a whole different perspective on things and was very friendly and polite. That was all it took for me to know he had talked to the general manager, and had been told the same thing I had told him.

It's just the way it goes sometimes. Normally I wouldn't even give it a second thought, but today I had to yell out for this guy to stop, and not just once, but four times. It was four times more than my pore throat could take. Now, it's raw and all messed up. I'm hoping it is better by tomorrow, if not, I may have to make a trip to see my doctor and get something for it. I'm still thinking it is a result of infected sinuses, but it's looking pretty white and infected tonight, so it could be strep. If it still looks infected and hurts this bad in the morning, I will call the clinic and have it tested, just to make sure.

But, I'm hoping that it's feeling better and looking better after a good night sleep. I didn't get a lot last night, and that could have a lot to do with it, too. I did get to bed earlier than I usually do, and I'm happy about that. I was in bed by nine-thirty, and got up at three-thirty, so it would have been six hours again. But, I woke up a lot last night, so it was not a sound sleep. I still felt pretty good all day, more rested and more energy. I did accomplish my goal of getting more sleep over my weekend of working, and no I just need ot continue to do this.

It will help to make me sleep better, and I'm sure that was part of the reason I woke so much last night, my body is used to about three hours of sleep and I got six. I'm sure this cold or what ever it is had a lot to do with it, too. Even so, I still got six hours of sleep each night, and I typically get about twelve over the entire four day weekend. In other words, I doubled my sleep, and it's a great start for me. Like I said, now it's a matter of repeating this next weekend.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823788-Monday