*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823901-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#823901 added July 29, 2014 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
After ten and I should be in bed sleeping. But, I took a couple of naps in my chair this afternoon, and had a full night of sleep last night. Even so, I think I could fall right to sleep if I wasn't so uncomfortable. A couple hours ago I was shivering and wrapped up in my fleece blanket, teeth chattering. seventy four degrees in here, and I'm wearing flannel pajamas, a t-shirt, and fuzzy slipper socks under a blanket, and my teeth were still chattering. Now, I'm sitting in front of the fan trying to stay cool. I ditched the blanket, the slipper socks and the t-shirt, as well as the flannel pajama bottoms.

Fevers are so miserable, but it ended, and that's why I'm so warm now. I just hope it stays gone so I can adjust once again to the temperature and be comfortable. As for the rest, my nose is still stuffed up, my face is swollen, and my throat is still kind of sore. Not as bad as it was yesterday, but still kind of sore. I'm coughing up some nasty stuff, but I think most of it is coming from my sinuses, and not from my throat. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a lot of relief from this.

I know it will take a few more days to recover, but even if the fever is gone, and the sinuses are open enough to breath through. That would be super terrific. I have family coming out to visit on Thursday and I don't want to be sick and miserable. Our daughter and her man, as well as the grand children will spend most of the day here Thursday, before they head further south for a reunion on the husbands side. We have plans for going to the zoo and then hanging out at the park, cooking out, and just having fun.

So, I have one more day to get over this infection or cold, or what ever it is. Then it's family time and I don't want to be miserable, and even more, I don't want to get everyone else sick. They will be camping out for the weekend, and the last thing they need is to catch this. Especially the kids; they get out here once a year and I would feel terrible if they got sick because of me. So, if I'm not feeling better, I may have to skip the zoo and park and stay clear of them all.

Besides this part of it, I have to work on Friday, and I need to be feeling better by then. I work the four day weekend as usual, and Saturday and Monday are twelve hour days, Sunday is nine, and I just don't have anyone who can fill in if I'm sick. So, I have to get better by tomorrow, and then be about over this by Thursday so I can enjoy the family visit, and then work the weekend.

It has already messed up plans for today and this three days off. I wanted to help Rhonda with the mowing, but don't dare cut grass with my allergies and problems from that when I'm this sick. I also wanted to work on the patio and put up some more of the privacy panels, but again, I was too sick. I did work on the decorative bird houses for Rhonda, and have them almost done. It took me all day to make three of them, but I did take a nice nap half way through, and I did take a couple of long breaks to rest and get clear of the dust. Yes, I did wear a dust mask when sawing and sanding, but it still irritated my sinuses more. Not a lot, but then, even a little more is way to much. But I did get them cut and put together, now I just need to get some dowel rod to mount them on, and they need painting.

The other thing we wanted to do was to take out the camping gear and set it all up, to see what we need to fix, replace, and add to it.  I had talked with Rhonda about setting up and then camping out one night right in the yard to see how it goes with my back and my leg. We would also have Hannah out there, and could see how she does in the tent. Hyko does great and loves to go camping, but Hannah has never been camping and it would be nice to see how she does before we go to a campground. We had thought about trying it out here, and then next week, during our time off, doing a one day and one night camp out at a local campground, again to see how everything goes, and how Hannah does with it.

But, now it may be delayed a bit, as I suffer through this nasty sinus infection. I will remain hopeful that tomorrow will bring a lot of relief and maybe we can still set stuff up and try it out. Now, it's time for me to take my night time cold medications, get some sleep, and hope for a better day tomorrow.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823901-Tuesday