*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824240-This-ones-about-survival-community-and-this-guy
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#824240 added August 2, 2014 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about survival, community, and this guy.
30DBC PROMPT: Wait...what? No prompt? Stay tuned.

Hello friends! I'm here to inform you informally that Lyn's a sly fox and your boy over here in Cortland, NY, Fivesixer , will be taking over the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS starting August 6th. That means you've got a couple days of fighting amongst yourselves about who's prompt is the phattest and worthy of your response, before we herd you up and take you to an uncharted destination where you'll have no other choice but to rely on each other to see you through your activities. I ain't playin...this is REAL!!  

Y'all don't know what I had to sit through to find that clip, so you best appreciate it. Even my old stand-by   was of no help to me.

But yeah, we're takin' this situation over coming 8/6/14. Pack your bags and leave your electronics at home, unless you're prepared to make your own electricity. Either way, you'll still get shocked by what your hut-mates will come up with. Wear ass-hats at your own discretion/risk.

BCF PROMPT: "In the group mail I inquired "Why there is minimal interaction between the bloggers in BCOF?" Today's prompt is: What do you feel will make BCOF a better blogging community? What is missing in your opinion that other blogging groups have?"

I'm gonna be very upfront with this...when there's an "official" 30DBC challenge going on, I focus on that. I want to make sure I comment on my fellow challengers' entries to stay compliant with the rules/regulations, and there's not enough hours in my day to take care of every other blog on the WDC universe. That's my excuse reason. I'm a grand supporter of this great blogging community, but I can only do so much. Life gets in the way, so I can sorta understand why people tend to post their blog entry and forget that there's a whole 'nother world up in this bitch that they find easy to neglect. That's life.

In the "unofficial" 30DBC months, you'll see me coming back around occasionally...popping in to say hi and weigh in on your opinions. It's not my place to tell you how to do what you do, so I won't. To be honest, I always considered blogging a personal experience...then I joined these groups and it became more than that somehow. Everybody with an asshole and an opinion has a blog these days, shittin' out words like they're disposable tacos. Well, I like words, and I like tacos...if you think three sentences compromises a blog entry, no no no no no. That's a taco minus meat, cheese, and supple fillings. Ingenious folk read blogs for information, not fluff. I wrote a blog entry about my life and it was "I got up, took a pee, went to work, it sucked, and I didn't die before I fell asleep in front of the TV". YOU are the reason I don't engage you further in this grandiose blogging landscape!

The idea that every company now needs a blog to supplement what they're doing is both my point and a fallacy to me. Corporate blogs are paragraphs...well thought-out (mostly) words done well. Bloggers sticking to specific topics...that's ok too, especially if you're into what they're talking about. But don't piss me off with seven sentences of "people who swear in blogs are bullshit" and "my cat is smarter than your whole ever being". Waste of my clickage....look, I don't know how much more abuse this wireless optical mouse I have can take. It's already being held together by scotch tape in pretty much every place it needs it, and y'all are gonna hear about it the day it needs replacing. Until then, it clicks, and that's all I need.

So way off the point now. My bad.

I don't have an answer for you, Lyn, regarding the whole "nobody comments" thing. I know I'm an offender and I explained why. I think people need to stop being shy and start understanding that (giving comments = getting comments). There's a healthy give-and-take that exists in the blogging community once you take the initiative. Being humble is your first step, young Jedi bloggeratzians. Step out of your zone and just do it. Never know what info you'll find helpful in your life based on what one or another of us has shared.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Because you've got to say it.


"Gonna shout, gonna shout
WRITE IT!"
Lyrics.  


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

Blog City image small


*Quill* "How about a little poetry or maybe a short story...What kind of character seems foreign to you... a homeless man, a zen monk, a suburban housewife, maybe a murderer. Whoever you choose that's the persona I would like you to adopt. Try writing in his or her voice.

How about I wouldn't like to be any of them? I've been homeless and Zen, I can't be a housewife and I won't be a murderer (as much as sometimes I'd like to ball out at that kinda job).

I know I wrote a poem once called "Fictional Character". If it's not in my port now I'll so do you the emotional solid and bring it here.

I think I found it, in the great genesis of poetry I keep forgetting to finish, "Cabin Fever. If ever someone wants to document my life, start there.

And here's the rub, y'all..."Fictional Character. My joint...my jam. Writing words into a notebook...I have no game and if I did, that'd be it. Like I said, someday I'll finish up Cabin Fever, and y'all can be like "I knew you way back when you just had some shit-crusted blogs, but you were my boy!!" I'll say hi, because authorin' isn't as glamorous as you think, nerds. *Wink*

*Sleep* Y'all have no idea what it's like to drift into my cave of poetry. Lyn's a sly fox does...she navigated my online stuff (and that takes a lot of love and trust). I'm sweaty and I need a nap from it all.

*Football* I will probably miss the actual induction ceremony, but it's about goddamned time Andre Reed got into the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Haters are gonna hate, but yo...growing up, the Bills' offense was the most prolific ever. They put teams to shame. And if you're one of those people who puts this article   down, shame on you, your family, and a pox I cast on you and the team you root for. Can't for my life see negative comments about this...you people either don't know football, or hate life in general on a bigger level than me, but it's not for me to judge you...sick-ass cretins.

I think this is where I say "Enjoy the rest of your day", fair readers who made is this far...I see a nap in my future and a lot of struggle in yours *Smirk*. Best Blog Entry Ever, today edition. Peace, don't keep it inside, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


Ass-hattery knows no bounds.
Catch it!


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824240-This-ones-about-survival-community-and-this-guy