*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824339-This-ones-about-the-Sunday-News-and-Barrel-O-Monkeys
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#824339 added August 3, 2014 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the Sunday News and Barrel O' Monkeys.
30DBC PROMPT: "The Sunday News."

Hey folks! Happy Sunday...I hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend so far. I'm pumped because today is the first day of this:

FORUM
Barrel of Monkeys  (E)
An annual interlinked musical blogging challenge! Starts every September 1st.
#1987725 by Jeff


But I'll get more into that in a few...news happens, and that's the unofficial theme of today's unofficial entries in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, so that's where I'm goin' to start this off.

Y'all know I love football, and I'm a diehard fan of my Buffalo Bills. Yesterday was a special day in team history, as Andre Reed was inducted into the NFL's Hall Of Fame  .

You'll forgive me if the event made me a little emotional.

12+83=6...all day.


Those Bills teams of the early nineties, when I was still an impressionable kid, were amazing. They were an offensive juggernaut, led by other HOFer's including Marv Levy and Jim Kelly. Seeing Reed finally getting his due along with his teammates was great...but his acceptance speech was incredible. With all the drama surrounding the eventual sale of the team, it truly was nice to have another reminder of my team's glory days. And to see Jim Kelly up there throwing another pass, after his battles with cancer...man. Makes me all misty up in my sockets. That's what sports are...a couple guys goin' out and playin' catch, and doin' it better than anyone else. Take away all the big money and corporate greed, and it's a kids' game at the heart. Fun times, y'all. Kids these days don't have the same kind of idols...the same heroes. Culture has changed so much in the last twenty years, where Sundays were football and you wanted to be those guys...that's, in my opinion, the one way our internet society has ruined, or at least diminished, how we look at athletes as fans. We're oversaturated now with information, and there's no longer any mystique to these guys we watch on TV for a few hours each week. The Bills of that era embodied the sense of togetherness and community within Western New York...blue collar dudes setting out to put in the necessary work needed to get the job done. I can't tell you how many times I'd be watching a game with people, standing around a television and holding hands through a critical juncture of a tight playoff game...when those guys were on the sidelines doing just that...holding hands, believing in each other, and almost willing a positive outcome. Whether it was in my cousin's bedroom with friends, or at a party thrown by my mom's work friends...that's what we did. It still chokes me up a little just thinking about it.

But anyway, today's the start of the NFL preseason, with the Bills and Giants facing off in the annual Hall Of Fame Game. I'm excited...the Bills have a young team that's bound to turn the corner and make some noise around the league. Maybe this is the year they break out and start off on a similar run that nineties team had...unlikely, but hey, what's bein' a fan about if ya can't dream?

I'm also looking forward to making my annual predictions regarding the upcoming season...I had a blast with "This one's about your 2013 football preview., and I was fairly close last year on some of 'em, so anticipate that around the first week of September. I love the game...the spirit, the action, the community. #BILLSMAFIA

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I'm up for today's round of BoM...y'all need to support Team Orangutan!!

Barrel Of Monkeys


I'm going with the letter D, because that was the last entry based on Charlie ~ 's post, "Invalid Entry. And I'm starting out with Atmosphere because yeah...life-changing stuff if you let it be (and I know some of you will disagree, but too bad...my blog, my rules *Smirk*).

The premise of "Don't Ever Fucking Question That" is that it's a love song. Really! It explores personal statements regarding love and it delves deeper into Slug's very existence. What I take from it is simple...if I love you, don't question it. It's my feelings and my reasons, so go along with it and be blessed that someone cares so much about you that it reroutes their whole thinking about relationships and coexistence. I say I'll never get involved with another woman again, but I don't know how true that is and there's hope from this song that maybe someday I'll take that plunge one more time. For now though, I'm content with not having to answer questions like "Why do you love me?". If I do, it's because I do and for who you are and what you mean to me...details aren't that necessary, are they?


"Make the love, paint the picture,
and write that song."
Lyrics.  


6/12 Was waiting in line at the Atmosphere concert when we were greeted by Slug.
It's not often you get to meet a rapper outside of one of his shows...
just hangin' out, killin' time, takin' goofy pictures.


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Thumbsup* I friggin' adore Princess Megan Rose 22 Years ! I feel like she gets a sneak peak at my blog entries sometimes because in the course of writing them I'll come up with a picture or an image I want to use, so I'll carve it up and save it, and boom! There she is, already reviewing it. That's so great! Hugs to you, Megan!

*Football* Less than five hours to kickoff! I have so much to do yet...I need a shower, and I have some cleaning to attend to. But football!!

Ok, well, with all that said folks, it's time for me to shuffle off and see the other songs posted up in BoM before I do, like, life stuff eat beef jerky and watch football. Peace, I hear the whispers of the wind trying to get me to grin, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824339-This-ones-about-the-Sunday-News-and-Barrel-O-Monkeys