*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824381-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#824381 added August 3, 2014 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
The end of the weekend, and we know what that means. No, it does not mean we return to work tomorrow. Well, for most people it means return to work tomorrow, but not for everyone. For us it means one more day of work tomorrow, then three days off. Sunday is also a shorter day for us, and a chance to get rested up a bit after Saturday. Of course, it also means that we have to get up super early again on Monday, but that's just the way it is.

See, we return to work on Friday, and for now it's a short day. Rhonda and I go in together and work together from eleven to five, then come home together. Saturday I have to be there by ten minutes to five, and work until five that night, possibly longer if needed. Rhonda comes in at ten minutes to ten and works until nine thirty at night. So Saturday is one of the longest days for us while double coverage is on. Sunday is a repeat, but I don't have to be there until ten to eight, and Rhonda comes in at ten to eleven and works until eight thirty. Then, Monday I have to be there by ten to five in the morning again, work until five in the afternoon, or a bit later if needed. Usually Mondays are a bit slower, and I can get out an hour early, but only if it's slow enough. Rhonda works from ten to eleven until five in the afternoon.

Then, it's three days off. Again, this is our summer schedule during double coverage, and it will change some this fall. But for now we put in a long weekend and then get three days off during the week. Up until now, we haven't really done anything with our time off other than yard work and building projects like the patio and privacy fence. We hope to finish that up during our three days off this week, including getting the pond in, but if we don't get it all done, it will have to wait until we get another chance.

I say that because we love to camp out and go fishing, but have not had the opportunity to do much of this in the last couple years. We also enjoy riding bicycle, and have made some awesome trips around this area, but again, we have not ridden much since two summers ago. So, before the weather turns too cold, we want to get out and do some fishing, camping, and riding. The riding will have to go slow, as we get used to riding again, and the fishing we can do as time allows. But camping is the one item I really want to get out and enjoy again.

So, while we work on things during our three days off, I also want to set up our camping gear and go through it all. We have a new dog now, and she has never gone out camping, and this will also give us a chance to see how she does with it. So, again, we want to work on the privacy fence and get that finished up, if weather permits, work on the pond if time allows, and set up our camping stuff and camp out in the yard one night to see how every thing is, and to see how Hannah does. Then, we can get anything we need to replace or repair our gear, and in two weeks, it's off to a campground and a nice get-a-way from everything.

In fact, it may be how we spend the rest of our summer, trying to get a couple days in camping. There is no way to know how it will work out, but I would enjoy making the most out of the rest of the summer and early fall, camping as much as is possible before it turns too cold. For now, we are just trying to get things going and we will likely camp at a close to home campground for the first time. Well, after our camp at home try out this week. Again, it's up to the weather, and there is rain forecast for the entire three days we are off. That changes daily, so for now, it's looking like about a twenty to thirty percent chance of rain, but until the day arrives, it can change a lot.

No matter what the weather does, though, we are going to get some of the work done I mentioned, and we will enjoy our three days off together. If nothing else, we will step outside and dance on the patio in the rain...

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824381-Sunday