*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824470-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#824470 added August 4, 2014 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Time for me to get to bed, but first I have to finish this journal entry. I have three days off coming up, and I want to get a good night sleep so i can get started on the right foot. I picked up the pond liner we looked at a year ago and want to get the thing installed, get the pump and fountain in, and finish up the privacy fence before I have to go back to work. I also have a bunch of stuff to do for work, reports, flow sheets, and schedules. It's going to be a busy three days off, and there's a pretty good chance of rain in the forecast the last I looked.

Rhonda wants to get the privacy fence painted, but if it's rainy that will have to get put off until another day. Most of it is up, but I do have a couple panels that need to go up along side the garage. These are going to be kind of tricky since the garage is leaning pretty good, and nothing is going to be square at all. But, we will figure out something to make it work, and then when that's done, we have the pond to put in. Of course, it may not go in that order. We also have to get the lawn mowed again, and half of it did not get finished last week, so it's going to be slow going.

Also, Rhonda and I are both still sick, but feeling better. Yesterday was better today, but I think that's because of so little sleep last night. I got about four hours of sleep before going in this morning and working eleven hours straight through. I was scheduled for twelve but it was slow enough I was able to leave a bit early. Since I was done early, I picked up the pond liner, a canvas tarp to go over the air mattress, and a few groceries. Then it was home for me, let the dogs out, and start getting things ready for dinner.

We needed to get the tarp to put over the air mattress so that it does not get punctured if or when the dogs jump up on it. We were not sure what to use, and then I seen heavy cotton tarps for painting at work one day, and thought they would work good. They are strong, light, and soft. We can put the canvass over the mattress, then put the sheets and blankets over that. It should be comfortable, and durable. Hannah has such fast growing and sharp claws, and she loves to jump up on the bed with us. I have a feeling she would shred the material the mattress is made out of in no time, but with a canvas tarp over it, she won't do any damage. Well, at least not to the bed; I'm always full of her scratch marks. She just loves to snuggle and touch, but her claws leave scratches with the slightest pressure.

Of course, it's not her fault, and one day we will find a way to keep them trimmed and rounded. Until then, I cannot deprive her of the one thing she has longed for all the time she was locked in the pound, the ability to snuggle up and cuddle her family. It's just a good thing she is a smaller sized dog, about medium build, and not a Saint Bernard or something.

So now, where was I? Oh yeah, I was talking about our projects for the three days off this week. We want to finish up the privacy fence, and maybe get it painted if the weather permits, we want to put the pond liner in and get that all back filled, and we want to set up the tent.

It has not been used in a couple of years, so we want to set it up and check it out good before we go out camping. In fact, we want to set it up and check out all our camping equipment and supplies. We may very likely "camp out" right in the back yard just to see how Hannah does in the tent overnight. Again, it's up to the weather and there is rain in the forecast. Luckily, they are usually wrong, and it changes daily.

We also have to mow grass and I have quite a bit of work to do for work, from home. So, this is going to be a busy three days off, but it should be fun, as well. Rhonda and I enjoy doing these kind of projects together, and its so rewarding to enjoy them after putting in the work. So, for now, it's time for us to retire to bed, get a good night sleep and a full night sleep, then well see what the weather brings.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824470-Monday