*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825531-Are-They-Crazy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1997141
Writing on thoughts, emotions and behaviors
#825531 added August 17, 2014 at 4:55am
Restrictions: None
Are They Crazy?
Are They Crazy?
Up early this morning thinking about the Ferguson issue, and many other issues that have come to the attention of the American public.  Specifically, the violent killing sprees that we have witnessed over the years.  I am still amazed how everyone of them was carried out by crazy people.  People who were in some manner mentally deranged.  Are we really to believe that mentally deranged people masterminded the hideous crimes?  I don't.  I watch the games that are produced in mass, and sold to our adults who give them to their children to practice massacres in their living rooms on their X Boxes, Nintendo, and other such game boxes.  They play killing sprees with other humans across America.  They are taught killing strategies; sniper behaviors; covert operations, and a whole lot more every day in their living rooms.

Eventually, what is taught at home is bound to leave home and spread abroad.  Are they all crazy?  Without any intervention or thought our children are taught to devalue human life.  They are taught to shoot to kill.  Kill en mass.  Life is not important.  Winning is.  Little children play these games.  Big children play these games.  Young adults play these games, and yes, many grown folks play these games, and they play in front of little children during their most formative years.  Are they crazy?  I don't think so.  I believe they learn from us to devalue life early on, and now they don't respect us either because the line has been drawn in the sand that it is okay, and anything goes at home.  When we try to stop it, it is too late, and they do not respect us.

The time to set values and standards in our children is when they are YOUNG, not when they turn 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.  They have been forming their own opinions for years based on those words, physical, and verbal cues that you have been sending for years.  No, they are not crazy.  They are PRODUCTS of their environment, and believe me, charity does begin at home, and so does everything else!

What are you teaching your children?  Those precious babies that you love dearly, and are willing to die for -- right or wrong. 

There are some things from the "olden times" that should have NEVER been lost -- decency and order; love and respect; spiritual values; self-respect; honesty; integrity; hard work; appreciation for life; skills that are basic for survival, and faith, hope and charity.  They still work when they are learned and are part of our character!

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825531-Are-They-Crazy