*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825532-What-Black-Parents-Tell-Their-Sons
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1997141
Writing on thoughts, emotions and behaviors
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#825532 added August 17, 2014 at 4:56am
Restrictions: None
What Black Parents Tell Their Sons
What Black Parents Tell Their Sons
Most Black parents are really afraid every time their Black sons leave home! They jump every time the telephone rings and their son is not at home or has not been heard from. Sits on pins and needles waiting for his return. That is not to say that we do not worry about our girls because we do. BUT THE WORLD knows that our girls are not in trouble with the White population. They are more easily received and accepted. We tell our Black males to be men, and to be a man you must be able to stand up. Stand up to everything, except policemen with guns, bad attitudes, and trigger happy fingers. Police officers are allowed to call them niggers, and other unsavory names. They are allowed to demean them. It's all part of the training to beat them down, bring them into submission OR provide a reason for the Black male to fight back or otherwise react in a manner that gives cause for the negative police action that will result in an arrest, a beating, or a killing. I have witnessed it. I have lived it. I have fought for it. I have been chased down police stairs by a White officer with gun drawn to chase a Black male for calling him a liar and telling what actually happened.
My son's generation of male friends has gone through that and much, much more, and some of the officers are still wearing a police uniform. Yes, we filed police complaints, but they investigate themselves. Yes, there has been some improvements in law enforcement with Blacks. They no longer take them out back or somewhere and shoot them and place a gun in their hands and say they shot them in self defense. Now they shoot them in front of witnesses with their hands up in the air in front of witnesses! Black parents talk about their Black sons being one of the most endangered species on earth, and not a damn thing being done about it. The war on drugs has primarily been a war on Black males to get them off the street, into the system, and make White males feel safe. Check the prisons!  NO, I am not angry (maybe I should be), but I am not confused either.
I am very clear on what I see in America relative to the treatment of Blacks, and Black males in particular. White male heroes in the Black community are basketball and football players at almost all levels. Why? They have dollar signs written on them. They have value. Rappers and others also have value in the community. Especially those that point Black males to the streets, to the ghetto, dropping out of school, demeaning their women, and in general contribute to the way the White race thinks about Blacks in general. Anything that helps them remain afraid of Blacks. The Willie Lynch letter may not be real and/or Willie Lynch may not be a real person, but read the letter/doctrine, and then take a close look at our society. You can see the doctrine at work, but Whites are safe because most Blacks will NEVER EVER take time to read it, and if they do, they will not understand it, and believe that they have already made it in America and it does not apply to them. That was in the "olden" days. Really?

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825532-What-Black-Parents-Tell-Their-Sons