*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825540-Daddys-Voice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
#825540 added June 19, 2015 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
~~Daddy's Voice~~
Where do the dead go? Can they hear us? See us? Do they even care? These are questions I used to ponder...but no more. When my dear father died in 1995, I was devastated. It was the first death of many to come in my immediate family. As I lay in my bed crying the night he died, a clear voice broke through the darkness. It was Daddy's voice strongly uttering one word: my name, "Winnie". The voice was forced, as if it took all the powers of Heaven and Earth to break through from one realm to the other. But I had no doubt it was Daddy. I knew then, without a doubt, there is life after death. And those who have crossed over are aware of us left down here. As the years went by, I experienced other losses: my soul-mate, a niece, my precious mother, my best friend... But I didn't experience the complete devastation of their deaths as I did my dad's because I knew they weren't really dead. They were alive and whole and just on the other side of the veil of darkness. I thank Daddy everyday for having such great love for me that he forced his voice through that veil to my ears. It has made all the difference in how I view death.



[My Dad 2 months before his death:]



© Copyright 2015 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825540-Daddys-Voice