*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825760
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#825760 added August 19, 2014 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
Jane Austen Verdent Quote
To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. Jane Austen

Back in Jane's time, picnics and outside family gatherings were more common. A nice sunny day walking with someone you loved and were going to marry was refreshment. Maybe there was a carnival or a game of croquet going on. The women probably drink tea and talked about a wedding coming up or an event that they were going to host. Unmarried women looked at the men at the gathering and was thinking which one would make a good husband. A young couple were off alone having a picnic or riding horses and enjoying the verdure. Nature. Nature is beautiful and Jane might have been inspired to write and her sister Cassandra was inspired to paint. We need to take a lesson and enjoy the beauty of nature. What a refreshment. Animals add to the verdure. I admire Jane's outlook on life.

** Image ID #2001382 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825760