*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826185-Greetings-from-the-Atlantic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#826185 added August 24, 2014 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Greetings from the Atlantic
Life at sea can be very strange and surreal. In some ways if seems we never left the ship from the last time, yet in others it's like a different world totally detached from reality. There have been changes of course, not all good and mostly to reduce costs for Cunard, not its passengers. Still, the novelty of not having to think about meals, cleaning or appointments makes a pleasant change. The weather conditions are pretty disappointing for August, but hopefully some warmer days lie ahead. The time changes are confusing us and causing some laughs. Discovering you're walking the deck at six in the morning when you thought it was eight is a common phenomenon. There is as usual an abundance of tempting food, but as the drinks are exceptionally expensive at least there's a drop in calorie consumption in that department. We're on countdown to docking now and by early Wednesday morning will be back on American soil. Hopefully Internet connections will be better and sleep patterns more conducive to daily activities. First stop New York to Salt Lake City. Then the start of the next adventure begins...though I'm not sure which genre it will fit in to.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826185-Greetings-from-the-Atlantic