*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826879-Moving-On
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#826879 added September 2, 2014 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Moving On
We enjoyed our time in Salt Lake City, especially the welcome warmth and the help of kind and friendly people. It's a fascinating place with interesting history and breathtaking scenery. The privileged and poorest of the poor are evident, but at least there are many trying to help out those less fortunate. A few observations.

I do wonder why vegetables are barely cooked in America.*Rolleyes*

I found six geocaches around the area. I have always said Americans are taller than the English on the whole and the placement of some of the hidden caches confirmed that. Very difficult to reach in some cases. But then the baths in the hotels seem to be designed for midgets. *Rolleyes*

The downside of my geocaching adventure was I left my newly acquired Garmin GPS device somewhere along the way. An expensive loss, but hopefully we can claim on the insurance. There's a certain irony in seeking out finds only to lose the tool I use to search with. I'd be dangerous if I had a brain. *Rolleyes*

Ironic too that hubby tripped over the hot water bottle he uses to soothe his hip pain, fell all his length and now has a knee injury to add to his woes. The lengths he'll go to to avoid walking far. *Rolleyes*

Much as I could do with an extra couple of inches in height to reach those vertically challenging geocaches I can certainly do without the couple of inches I think I've gained width wise already. *Rolleyes*

We're now in Yellowstone and very impressed so far. Everyone told us we'd love it and I think everyone is right.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826879-Moving-On