*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826527-When-No-One-Is-Looking
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#826527 added August 28, 2014 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
When No One Is Looking
When I first started my blog, I wrote mostly for myself. Sure I wanted readers, but I never expected any. I still remember the excitement when I received my first one.

The comments were always appreciated, because I saw almost immediately the impact my words had on others. They showed me where I needed to improve, and the things I was apparently doing right.

Since I slowed and nearly stopped writing entries, I don't expect any -- or at least only a few -- readers. I'm okay with that. I'm using this now as a stepping stone to improve my writing, to get back in the groove.

There's also the added desire to avoid social networking such as Facebook. With all the political discussions, all I do is walk away angry and frustrated.

I saw a a t-shirt today which read, "Everyone is entitled to my opinion."

I thought, "That's Facebook and Twitter in a nutshell."

People seem to mix the definition of opinion and fact. They are not remotely the same. They've taken their right to free speech to mean everyone has to listen and dare not attempt to disagree. It is after all [i]their opinion[/i].

Truth and fact mean little anymore. If anything.

This site, however, has always been comfortable and friendly. Sure there have been disagreements, but for the most part, people were willing to see other people's point of few and not try to prove themselves right all the time.

As many times as I've written a paragraph and deleted on this entry alone, I've decided I am indeed out of practice.

Which is why I've renamed my blog "My Writing Sandbox."

I'm here to play. Sure, I will write about serious subjects, but I intend to write fun ones, too.

You, of course, are more than welcome to stay and play in the sandbox with me. It's always more fun to play with others.

© Copyright 2014 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826527-When-No-One-Is-Looking