*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827165-A-Storm-Approaches-blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#827165 added September 14, 2014 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
A Storm Approaches blog
Final: "A Storm Approaches

poplist
tHiNg
V
Batman
Chiana
The Dyslexic Delivery Man
Axl
Mr. Bones

Houdini scurries up to the terminal. "Hope I'm not too late," she asks V while readjusting her top hot and disentangling her cape from around her feet.

"You're fine," said V "We're actually still waiting on a few guests to arrive. I think this is them pulling up now." A sleek black limousine pulls up to the station gate and expels a well dressed chauffeur. The driver opens the back door and out comes Jeff Justus in a tailored tux.

"Where is his bat suit?" asks Chiana perplexed. Not that I am complaining, that suit sexes suits him frell."

"O I'm sure he'll change once he gets settled. Probably came straight here from work." said V as she began to wave trying to get Jeff's attention. Jeff was preoccupied however with something still in the car. He reaches back in and pulls out a hand quickly followed by a silver stiletto clad foot. Half a beat later Faith Fairchild is standing next to Jeff and gazing judgmentally at the train station and it's inhabitants. Her sight lands on the party attendees briefly. A small smirk claims her lips, she claims Jeff's elbow and sashays into the train terminal. The wind whips her long billowy silver night dress behind her, partially obscuring the chauffeur's vision as he blindly maneuvers a mound of trunks after his charges.

"Why the hlel do thye need so mcuh lugggae?!" Cries The Dyslexic Delivery Man .

"Well, that Batman costume is bound to be pretty cumbersome," says V, none too convincingly.

"And the other five cases?" wonders tHiNg aloud. Nobody has time to speculate further as the dazzling couple approaches. Faith walks straight up to V and is the first to speak.

"Brooke, it's so nice to see you!" Faith exclaims in overstated excitement. The two women clasp upper arms and smack air kisses feet away from either of their cheeks.

"Yes, Faith glad you could make it." Brooke says with a small smile.

"O me too. I almost didn't you know. I am just so busy making appearances everywhere. Plus I have a couple of side ventures I am looking at. Have you heard my new single Don't Be Early for the Party? It's a huge hit on iTunes I just know you're going to play it on the train aren't you?"

"Uh, maybe," stammers Brooke a bit taken aback. She turns to greet Jeff but Faith jerks him aside.

"Anywho, we don't want to be rude. I'm sure you were only waiting for us to arrive before leaving. Alfred, Brooke -- What are you dressed as? A bee? Why all the black then? -- This lady will show you where to put our things. We'll be inside mingling."

"Very good ma'am." Alfred the chauffeur responded to Faith and Jeff's retreating backs as the couple walked away without so much as a glance for the other patrons left gaping after them.

------------------------------

Inside the train Faith began eyeing the guests, automatically listing them in order of importance, mentally deciding who would be worth talking to and for how long.

"That was awfully rude Faith," says Jeff, sternly shaking his arm out of her grip. She turns wide eyes on him.

"What? I was nothing but polite to Brooke and I practically ran onto this party train of hers to make up for our lateness. I'd say I was a model guest. Besides what do you care? All you need to do is keep playing the part of my adoring escort and all will stay right in your little world. Is that, Bruce Willis!? Quick, how does my hair look? You stay here, I think I should handle this introduction, solo.

Join us at the Wdc 14th Birthday Masquerade Party

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827165-A-Storm-Approaches-blog