*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827214-This-ones-about-the-cartoon-listicle
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#827214 added September 4, 2014 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the cartoon listicle.
Blog City image small


BLOG CITY PROMPT: "Who was your favorite cartoon character?"

'Sup folks? Gonna keep this short tonight because, well, let's just say school escalated quickly. This morning I was celebrating in my head the fact that I'm a chapter ahead in my Business Communications class...and after I came home and finished my Web Design homework and was about to find the football game online, I realized I hadn't looked at my Intro To Programming notes all week (dammit Labor Day, for not allowing us to have classes on Monday!)...totally forgot to read the two chapters, never looked at the course outline online, and I have no clue about the homework that's due tomorrow. Oh, and I have that class first thing in the morning, so it's not like I can get to school early or anything to do the work. And to top it off, the professor's online notes regarding the assignment don't correlate to anything in the book (at least, not in a way I can make sense of). So my theory is this: since all we did during the last class was go over the course outline, and all she assigned that day was to skim over the first two chapters, she'll most likely be teaching us what we'll need to know tomorrow. Then after class, I can run over to the library, do the work, and go home (since that's my only class on Fridays). Sounds like a plan...and because I figured this out at 9pm after spending an hour trying to make sense of what I'd been reading, there's no way I'm staying up now to crank out a full-fledged blog entry.

Plus, I just realized yesterday that along with Lyn's a sly fox I'll be judging this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, which takes a little pressure off me having to write entries all month. I guess I'll take that as a silver lining. But because I signed up to participate in "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST, I'll still fulfill my charitable, written end of the obligation.

It's no secret that I love cartoons, even as an adult. Sometimes, with all the noise we have to hear as grown-ups, you just need that time where you can sit back and do nothing else but laugh at humor designed to entertain the least-sophisticated five year old trapped in your fully-grown body. Some people eat to relax; others watch porn...in fact, there are plenty of barely legal (or blatantly illegal) ways of freeing one's mind from the confines of another day in the adult-land jail of work and responsibility. I just prefer my occasional habit to be animated.

I used to identify with Speedy Gonzales somewhat in my late teens and early adult years...I was always one of the fastest runners I knew, plus I was agile enough that I could cut and switch direction on a dime. I was short but muscular...hard to catch and harder to hit; more likely I was gonna lay the hit on you if I was runnin' a football.

But what's funny now is I barely remember any Speedy Gonzales cartoons (although I wouldn't be surprised if there were some blatant anti-Mexican stereotypes in the ones I watched as a kid). I can recall some Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck ones, but Speedy? Nope. That doesn't mean I don't like him though. He's still #1.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

This may be the first and only time you'll ever see a Pat Boone song in my blog.


"You better come home, Speedy Gonzales...
away from tannery row.
Stop alla your a-drinkin'
with that floozie named Flo."
Lyrics.  


THE LISTICLE 9.4

Banner in oranges and blues for THE LIST Blog City Contest


In cooperation with "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST, I present to you (in no particular order) 14 of my favorite cartoon characters.

1) Speedy Gonzales
2) Foghorn Leghorn
3) Peter Griffin from Family Guy
4) Calvin from Calvin And Hobbes
5) Bucky Katt from Get Fuzzy
6) Charlie Brown
7) Fat Albert
8) Chef from South Park
9) Rat from Pearls Before Swine
10) Hong Kong Phooey
11) Bullwinkle The Moose
12) Gadget Girl from The Awesomes
13) Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (I don't care if she's a cartoon; she's hawwwt)
14) Ariel from The Little Mermaid (I don't care if she's a mermaid; she's also hawwwt)

Don't judge me. *Smirk*

Sorry for being so brief, but I probably should glance over my Intro To Programming text once more before I take my sleeping meds and forget everything before tomorrow morning. Peace, if you're gonna keep on messin', and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827214-This-ones-about-the-cartoon-listicle