*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827338-This-ones-about-the-photographic-listicle
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#827338 added September 6, 2014 at 1:57am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the photographic listicle.
BLOG CITY PROMPT: "Recall an old childhood photo. Narrate the events that led up to that moment that photo was taken."

'Sup y'all? I've got good news and bad news...the good news is the Intro To Programming homework I was stressin' about forgetting last night was something we did in class today instead, and I feel like I actually learned something. The bad news? I'm sick. Temps were in the freakin' 90's today, and I've got a freaking cold. That's not in any syllabus or this month's budget, that much I know. Good thing all I really have to do this weekend is read, because I don't know if I've got the patience for anything else.

Speaking of reading, I suppose I better use this weekend to get caught up on my judging for the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS...don't wanna fall too far behind in that because I might never catch up.

Blog City image small


Cripe. I'm so not feelin' this tonight. But here goes...

I think I was age five. Disco shirt was not age-appropriate.
I'm the taller hombre on the right.


I have no clue what's going on in this picture or why. I'm sure my mom gave me the info on it when she first posted it on Facebook, but I've already forgotten. What I can tell you is that the setting is my grandmother's backyard, and my brother Doug is on my right (your left). I have to be somewhere around four or five, because I got glasses when I was six and shortly after I started first grade (so I suppose it's likely I'm a very young six in this picture, but that's neither here nor there).

I can also tell you that you that pretty much under no circumstances whatsoever will you see me dressed up like this. Is that a cowboy hat made out of wicker? 1980 must not have been a great year for cowboy looks on the runway.

Now for the part where I'm just makin' stuff up. I think this might've been taken on an Easter Sunday. I don't know why I think that; just call it a hunch. You have to go back pretty far into the photo albums to find a picture of my brother and myself dressed up and getting along. So my assumption is that a holiday had to be involved, and we were under the threat of either some made-up creature taking away all our goodies, or our grandma beating us with a thick leather belt. Either theory is in play, and both at the same time is definitely an option as well...because back then it was ok to beat your kids' asses if they were misbehavin'. it built character and taught respect, or somethin'.

And those shirts! If those collars were any bigger they'd have to be registered as aircraft. But that was the style back then, I guess...probably the last time I'd be quasi-fashionable until at least 1995. The only thing missing in this picture are the shoes...because back then cameras didn't have viewfinders on them that ensured you could get an entire person's fashion faux pas body in one shot. I assure you I'm wearing some kind of Thom McAn shoes, because that's all I wore unless I was actually in gym class. Not "on the days I had gym, I wore sneakers"...nope. I had to carry a separate bag with gym clothes and sneakers, because I wasn't allowed to wear sneakers to class and my bookbag (which resembled something more like a suitcase made of softer materials) couldn't fit my homework and gym clothes and sneakers. And I wonder why it was so hard for me to make friends when I was a kid. *Rolleyes*

Look at that...I really didn't have to make anything up after all! Guess we'll just file this entry under "guesswork" instead.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

When you're a little kid, you don't often have control over the clothes you wear (at least I don't think I did). I probably had more outfits that resembled the "Urban Cowboy"   than anything else.


"She thinks about a boy she knew in school...
did she get tired or did she just get lazy?"
Lyrics.  


THE LISTICLE 9.5

Banner in oranges and blues for THE LIST Blog City Contest


In conjunction with "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST, I present to you 14 songs about pictures, photographs, or cameras.

1) "This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)" by Taking Back Sunday
2) "Photograph" by Def Leppard
3) "Take A Picture" by Filter
4) "Pictures Of You" by The Cure
5) "Pictures Of Lily" by The Who
6) "Picture This" by The Beastie Boys
7) "Camera Thief" by Atmosphere
8) "Who Got The Camera?" by Ice Cube
9) "Killing A Camera" by Braid
10) "Kamera" by Wilco
11) "Picture Postcard" by The Promise Ring
12) "Pictures Of Matchstick Men" by Camper Van Beethoven
13) "Carry This Picture" by Dashboard Confessional
14) "Pigeon Camera" by The Tragically Hip

I trust that you all know how to use YouTube if you're interested enough in any of these songs.

*Camera* Remember what I said about not wearing disco cowboy clothes ever again? Well, maybe if this happened...   *Laugh*

{e: Nope, I'm goin' to bed. Peace, set it up so well, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827338-This-ones-about-the-photographic-listicle