*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827453-This-ones-about-the-witches-listicle
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#827453 added September 8, 2014 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the witches listicle.
BLOG CITY PROMPT: "The three woman who live next door to you remind you of the three witches in Macbeth. *Shock* Why?"

Good morning friends...sorry this is a day late and I hope it still counts for "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST. Yesterday I couldn't stand sitting upright for more than a few minutes, and every time I coughed my head hurt like an exploding migraine. I do feel somewhat better today though, so let's see how far I can get on these lists...

Blog City image small


I had to think about this one, because at first I thought "The last time I read or saw this was when that Mel Gibson movie came out...so 1990." And then when I looked it up, it turns out I was thinking about "Hamlet" instead. I guess I tend to get those two mixed up, but it's true...I haven't read any Shakespeare since the early 90's.

So then it occurred to me...are these the same witches known for saying "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble"? 'Cuz that's about all I remember about them, ahem, ladies...other than they fit the true stereotype of creepy, evil Halloween-style witches.

Now, me personally, I'm not a very neighborly guy. I won't show up with the welcome wagon bearing a cake if you move in next door to me. I don't bother anyone and I don't wanna be bothered. Knowing more people means knowing more drama, and I've worked hard to separate myself from people who perpetuate blatant negativity. But living next door to someone does occasionally lend itself to a certain bit of insight you only get from being in that position. You can hear from people in your neighborhood that they "live next door to some real witches" and that's one thing; it's altogether different to see a damn cauldron popping up in your neighbors' back yard, and three women wearing funny hats only coming out at night to dance and chant around it. Perspective.

My experience with people who practice witchcraft is that they're generally upfront about it- they'll tell you before you really even get a chance to ask. And 97.541% of the time I wouldn't give a damn one way or another what they do in the privacy of their own place. As long as I'm not involved or the cops aren't needed, we're cool. But if things start happening for no apparent reason- my toaster starts poppin' on its own, the shower turns on and off by itself, I start growing sixth fingers and toes- we're gonna have problems...and I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I'll come right out with the blunt accusational remarks before I even have time to properly think about what I'm saying. And hopefully, I'll catch 'em off guard so as to avoid anymore potential chicanery. Of course, after a few minutes, I'll apologize and see if we can figure something out so that we can get along peacefully...after all, it's true that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em at least get on their good side.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Sorry, this is all I've got for Shakespeare this morning.


"I'm going to meet the one I love
so please don't stand in my way."
Lyrics.  


THE LISTICLE 9.6

Banner in oranges and blues for THE LIST Blog City Contest


In conjunction with "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST, I present to you a list of 14 songs about witches or neighbors.

1) "Witches' Rave" by Jeff Buckley
2) "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" by Arcade Fire
3) "Yes, I'm a Witch" by Yoko Ono
4) "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" by Arcade Fire
5) "Burn The Witch" by Queens Of The Stone Age
6) "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" by Arcade Fire
7) "Witchy Woman" by The Eagles
8) "Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)" by Arcade Fire
9) "Season Of The Witch" by Donovan
10) "Neighbors" by The Rolling Stones
11) "Big Black Witchcraft Rock" by The Cramps
12) "My Neighbor" by Gnarls Barkley
13) "Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead!" by Ella Fitzgerald
14) "Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood?" by Sesame Street

Well, I think this is as good as any place to shut this down for the time being...don't wanna overdo it today, plus I wanna get out and grab some snacks before football starts at 1pm. Depending on how I feel after the Bills game, I may have another entry with my 2014 football predictions...we'll see. Peace, smile about it, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827453-This-ones-about-the-witches-listicle