*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828292-Andra-the-Grouch
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#828292 added September 16, 2014 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
Andra the Grouch
If I wake up in the morning feeling off as if something bad is going to happen, I try to ignore it. Doing so often makes the feeling a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Not today. I felt off from the moment I woke up. I just knew it wasn't going to be a good day.

As much as I tried to ignore it, turns out my intuition was correct. I found out this morning that one of our employees is leaving. For a small company that can barely keep up with the work load as it is, one person leaving creates a big void. The worst part is I will now have to pick up the slack, and I'm already overworked as it is.

When people are overworked, they tend to make mistakes. This year, I've made a few doozies, partly because I'm so busy I can't spend the time required on any project to make certain it's done right.

That's one of the big problems of living in an area with less than 3% unemployment. Everyone who wants to work already has a job. New employees simply can't be found, especially in an industry such as mine. We need someone with a specific set of skills, and -- again -- those people already work.

So, yeah. I was a grump today, and for once I was justified in being so.

© Copyright 2014 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828292-Andra-the-Grouch