*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828318-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#828318 added September 16, 2014 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Just getting in here, and the day is about done. Not quite what I had intended, and much different than yesterday. I was in here before noon on Monday, now, just one day later, and I have a little more than an hour left. I guess that means I wrote about the same time yesterday and today, close anyway. Yes, both days I wrote in here around eleven o'clock, the only difference being morning and night.

Yesterday was a good day, until the phone rang. The first call came in at about three in the afternoon, and it was the same person who usually calls and has some issue. She's not real bad, but if she calls, there's an issue, big or small. Most times it's something that should have been done differently and at work, but for some odd reason she enjoys calling me at home and on my days off, if possible. She has even gotten to the point of messaging me in facebook about work issues. In her mind, as the site supervisor, I should not get any time free from work.

So, she called around three, but did not leave a message. I screen my calls on my time off, and once before I had received numerous calls from this person to learn later that her child had gotten her cell phone and called repeatedly. Or, at least that was the story given. So, I screen my calls, especially if they are from her. I should also add, when I am off the clock, I am permitted to be away from my phone and enjoy my down time. Sure, it's best to be in touch if there is a problem, but if I'm out someplace, or doing something, I have the right to enjoy the time off without interruption. They do not pay me enough to be on call all the time, and that was explained when I took the position. When or if the other guards have a problem and cannot reach me, they are suppose to call the Director of Operations.

But, she does not do this, even though she has been told this time and again. This time she called around three, but did not leave a message. Therefore, I assumed it was nothing important and did not let it disrupt my day off. Then, around five, she called my cell phone again. Again she did not leave any message, but I was beginning to know that there was something up, and it would not go away.

Around six, she called my home phone and this time did leave a message. She had some excuse for not being able to work today, and needed me to fill in. Of course, I have no way of knowing whether she was being truthful or not, but I had a strong hunch on the way she did not leave a message that this was an excuse to get the day off, especially since there was an event going on today she would be very interested in attending. It was in the morning, so she would miss it or need to take the day off.

She could have put in for the day off, and likely gotten it, but this was not advertised until the day that she called. I heard it on the radio, and she no needed to have a good reason to take time off without prior notice, or at least that is my opinion, based on her past history, and a few different things that indicate the same.

So, my day off yesterday became somewhat stressful, and today I was up at three and off to work instead of enjoying another day off, this time with my wonderful wife at home with me. It also meant that I was short on sleep, especially since I did not sleep well, and very tired by the time I got home.

So, today was not productive as planned, but I did get in here and make this entry. I also got to get this off my mind, and hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to get back on task with where I should have been today.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828318-Tuesday