*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828395-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#828395 added September 17, 2014 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
The day is fast coming to a close and tomorrow Rhonda is back to work. It's amazing how a change in schedule can really screw up a persons plans and time off. Rhonda and I had two days off together this week, and had plans to do quite a bit while taking it easy. I know, kind of doesn't make sense, but the things we had in mind were little odds and ends that had been put off for a long time.

You know, just a quiet restful couple of days, but maybe get this little job done, finish this, or maybe get to that. Instead, I got a call Monday evening and had to change schedules with another guard and work Tuesday morning. Rhonda had the day off, so she was up with me at three in the morning and worked on some stuff while I was at work. But by the time I got home and had a light lunch, it was almost two in the afternoon and we were both shot.

So, we took a nice restful nap, which helped a lot, but by the time we were back up and had enjoyed a few cups of coffee, it was time to work on supper, and then just chill out watching some television. So, we didn't really spend the day together, didn't get half of the stuff done we had kind of hoped to get to, and ended up kind of out of sync as well.

Today we both were off, but had to make a run into town, so the morning was shot and most of the early afternoon. Then it was time to fire up the grill and get the grass mowed. I worked on the grill, Rhonda mowed part of the yard, then we relaxed a bit out on the patio, but the elevator is running so it's kind of noisy, and the flies moved in with the smell of the grill going.

I don't think I have ever seen so many flies. I know many of them are coming from the elevator and some from the other direction, a big slew. But it was just horrid trying to sit out, with so many flies hovering about. I sure would not mind seeing some hard frosts to kill off some of the pests we have been suffering from most of the summer. It's just been so hot, humid, and set that it's like a jungle instead of a prairie.

Anyway, Rhonda is back to work tomorrow, but I have the day off since I had to work on Monday. It will be nice, but it sure did not provide much time together, as well as messing up our plans. Next week, hopefully we will get our two days off together, then the week after the schedule is again messed up so we can get Saturday off to go to a birthday.

Then, I hope things are settled down at work, and the schedule is adhered to.


© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828395-Wednesday