*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828642-A-Glorious-Day-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#828642 added September 21, 2014 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
A Glorious Day Today
         The weather couldn't have been more cooperative. The sun was bright. The air was warm, but too humid. A slight breeze blew occasionally. Beautiful skies prevailed.

         I went to the mountains with about 20 friends for lunch. We went to a little lodge on top of a mountain, and were served family style. Business was hustling, even without us. Apple season is not quite here. The only ones available for sale were the kind you cook in apple butter or applesauce, not pretty and fresh for eating raw.

         Two of the people with us were in wheelchairs. Another used a walker. At the table I found myself engaged in conversations about surgeries, injuries, and accidents from the past several decades. I confirmed as I looked around at all the gray hair that I need some younger friends. Once in a while, it's nice to hang out with elderly people, but I'm in danger of becoming one about 20 years too soon. I was the only one in the group who still works. One person was younger than me.

         The scenery was spectacular.Mountain ranges were still dressed in summer's green. It would be great to go back in a few weeks or so, and see them in autumn's fashions.

© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828642-A-Glorious-Day-Today