*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828701-Missing-Girl
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#828701 added September 22, 2014 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
Missing Girl
         There's another missing girl in my community. The college girls get drunk, go to parties or concerts, then go outside alone, and every two years or so, one ends up missing until her remains are found some time later.

         It's very sad, and it tears families apart. What will it take for these young people to know they cannot go outside alone after dark in a state of inebriation and be friendly to anyone? It's unfortunate they have to live in fear, but their possible demise is a risk. Drinking to excess impairs judgement and ability to defend oneself.

         I know she was out after midnight, but someone could have helped a woman alone at night. They could have seen she wasn't operating at full capacity and offered to call her a cab or get police assistance.

         We had over 2000 volunteers show out yesterday to search for her. The search party continued with new areas mapped in and with plans to search again some areas investigated yesterday. There is a suspect this time. The last one perpetrator still hasn't been found.

         The world has always been a dangerous place. Today we are closer together, and it's harder to distinguish the bad guys from the harmless ones. Young women still need to practice discretion, travel in groups, and remain sober in public.

© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828701-Missing-Girl