*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828854-What-is-Fair
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#828854 added September 23, 2014 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
What is Fair?
Prompt: There's no such thing as fair. Agree? Disagree? Tap out a few words about it.


Fair. What is fair? To act or judge with an equal consideration to both angles or sides.  Some situations affect a person negatively and the result is deemed to be UNFAIR.
Children or those who cannot accept that bad things happen for a reason deem everything is unfair. That comment is the pat answer to all things that don't meet our expectations.
There is good and evil in the world. At times poor judgment is regulated to "life is unfair." What possible purpose would this serve? Its God's fault! Because even when we don't believe, we need someone to blame. When there is no answer, we begin to look elsewhere for an answer. Fairness. It isn't fair. 
I see this as a parental lack of responsibility. If you don't teach children how to cope with unfairness, or when life doesn't go their way or something happens beyond their ability you are doing them a disservice.
I see the expulsion of fair to make everyone equal. No fair or unfair. Then as time goes on and the equalizer or parent isn't there to make everything fair, they can't deal with unfairness.
There is no fairness in life. We make choices good and bad. What our motives are drives us when making choices.
Why were you in an intersection when a car ran a red light and now you are incapacitated. It wasn't fairness, or unfairness. It was the choice of the person not obeying the traffic signal.
What about a child molester or abductor?
That is a whole different story. I read the  book The Shack and learned something. Sin or evil when unchecked by a conscience decision to change escalates.  After reading the book I found When God gives every person free will, He cannot or will not take it away. It is your choice what you do with your life. When the man in the book abducted the child, he chose to do so. God doesn't interfere even though he would love to do it, then it negates the act of free will. When you take away free will who do you blame? God? He doesn't want that, He wants you to trust him. Like a parent. We should teach our children good and bad. That they need to make good choices and there is someone there who will help make those choices. When bad things happen we should be teaching them how to deal with bad things.
Another thing that reinforced my findings is just after I read the book I watched the TV show "I almost got away with it."
In this episode a man was so angry at something, he was determined to rape his girlfriend and her daughter. He waited for them to come home but they didn't. Angry he got in his car and drove around the neighborhoods until he found two girls outside their apartments. He wasn't deterred by the lack of opportunity. He chose to continue until he saw the girls and abducted one of the little girls. Later found molested and dumped into a gravel area where truckers park their trailers. 
This showed me that he had a choice. The opportunity was changed but he chose to keep going until he found what he wanted and took it. God did all he could to change the situation and give the man an opportunity to change his mind, but he didn't do it.
Fairness, there is no such thing. We need to teach children there are winners and losers. One is not better than the other except for expertise. We need to stop teaching children that everything is fair.
Our society has built a populace of weak minded people that blame everyone else for their troubles. They can't accept that they may or may not have had a choice. That either they or someone else on earth had the power to choose good or bad and it affected them.



© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828854-What-is-Fair