*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828980-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#828980 added September 24, 2014 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
There's been a change of plans, which may very well use up my time I had planned to use adding some items to my portfolio today. But, then again, I may still have the time later. We will hope for the time later.

Even if it doesn't work out, at least today's time thief is one I am excited about. In order to share this, however, I should give a bit of detail to the circumstances surrounding everything. Unfortunately, that would require quite some time, and would probably bore most anyone reading this.

So, in keeping things short, just a quick summery. Some years back, after moving into my my current home, I had some health issues. The house is old, built shortly after 1900, and was my mother's house. Although insulated many years back, it is still drafty, cold, and difficult to heat. The furnace is an old floor model, no blower, no ducts, and supplies only radiant heat. Even so, it is very comfortable downstairs, but very chilly upstairs.

So, when health issues made traversing stairs difficult, and the chilly air only added to my problems, we moved downstairs, and closed the top floor off. It meant having one room for a kitchen and dining room, the other for a living room, and the third room now a bedroom. It worked, and I did recover over the following year.

I was not working, however, and Rhonda did not make much money for us to live off, so we continued to keep the upstairs semi closed off, especially in the winter. In time I found a new career and we started to recover from our financial problems. We still are recovering, and it will likely take a long time to get back on level ground again.

We had given thought to moving our bedroom back upstairs, but we knew it would be difficult and costly to try and heat the whole upstairs, and by this time one of our Golden Retrievers had developed some hip problems. Being old, se knew that she would suffer trying to sleep in a cold room, and with the hip problems, the stairs would be difficult at best. She has always slept by me, since she was five weeks old, and I could not leave her downstairs, alone. So, we continued to sleep downstairs. Almost a year ago she passed away. She just died in her sleep, on our bed in peace.

Now, we have been thinking of doing some rearranging, and in the process of trying to reorganize, we decided it's time to move back upstairs. We won't be heating the entire upstairs, just the loft and one room. this will help keep the heating costs down, and we can use a high efficiency electric fireplace to keep our bedroom comfortable.  Sure, it will be cool, but that makes for good sleeping, and more snuggling. In fact, it may be the answer to my sleeping problems, since I tend to get too warm, very easy.

We also have nice pet beds for our four legged family members, and the electric fireplace is very safe for them to sleep right in front off, so we know they will be comfortable. So, today we are going to be moving our bedroom back upstairs, and rearranging the downstairs. We don't plan on getting it all done today, but we should be able to get the big stuff moved, sleep upstairs for the first time in years, tonight.

I'm excited and eager, but may have to give up the time I had planned to use in here. Therefore, I'm writing this now, just in case time runs out before we finish. Tomorrow I'm back to work, and need to get up at three in the morning, if I'm up late tonight, I will be tired and not get much done tomorrow, either. It's a step forward, and a step back at the same time. I do, however, believe this will be a move that will be positive and assist in getting more sleep, better sleep, and in the end, grant us both more time.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828980-Wednesday