*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829081-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#829081 added September 25, 2014 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It's just as I thought, I didn't get back in here yesterday. I'm glad I did log in early, and I'm very happy I managed to read and review a poem as well as write a short entry here. Sometimes a little foresight can go a long way.

We did manage to get the big stuff all moved yesterday, and slept upstairs for the first time in years. The room is set up, but there is still a lot to do up there, just like downstairs. We have the furniture moved, well, most of it anyway. Other than that, it's kind of a disaster zone around here now.

Mostly because of the rush to get things done, and having to go back to work this morning. We had to pretty well trash out the house to get things moved, and will now work at putting things away a little at a time. That was my plan for today, but so far I haven't done much of anything. I was up at three, worked and home by noon.

Instead of working on the mess in the house, however, I worked on taking a much needed nap. Much needed because I was up late last night, and had to get up early this morning. Also, sleeping in a different room and on a different bed ensured that I would not sleep well. It will take a bit to get use to the changes.

I was surprised, however, by how well my nap went today. Usually, I fall asleep with some difficulty, then can't get myself to wake back up. Even after I get up, I'm so groggy and out of it I can't do much of anything. Today, however, I snuggled into the new bed, after pulling the shades to darken the room some. I soon was sleeping peacefully and deeply. There was no laying there thinking about anything; I closed my eyes and that was it. I woke an hour later, without an alarm, went to the bathroom and decided to sleep a little longer.

I felt pretty good, but I was still very tired. Again, I closed my eyes and was sleeping sound. I slept for another hour, woke up with no alarm, and felt great. I was a little foggy upon waking, until I recognized my different surroundings, but I didn't feel all groggy and out of it. I am still kind of tired, but that is to be expected with only a couple of hours of sleep last night.

After waking, I took the dogs out, found the stool, and am now getting ready to start in on moving the speakers for the surround sound. I also want to move the writing table and set up a stand for the printer. If I get these done this afternoon, I'll feel pretty good with things, and hopefully when Rhonda gets home from work we can get the table and chairs moved from the kitchen into the dining room.

It's a mess, and there is still a lot to do, but it feels good to have the house back like it was designed to be. If we keep plugging away at the little things, we should be able to wrap up most of everything by our next two days off. I have a feeling part of those two days will be spent hanging shelves and pictures.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829081-Thursday