*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829893-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#829893 added October 3, 2014 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Another entry not being written in 750 Words. Oh well, it just doesn't make sense to get too involved with them right now. It's a great site for writing, don't get me wrong. It's unanimous, logs typing speed, how many days in a row you've completed your words, etc....
It's also a nice clean slate to write on, with very little around the screen to distract. It is possible to download any page you've written, and it even gives a breakdown of what you've written. Yes, and it requires you to write at least 750 words each day. It's a great place to free-write, and for me, it adds a challenge to writing in here.

I mean, it's easy to just scribble something down and claim to have made a daily journal entry, but to write 750 words takes some serious thinking. Let's say it adds a challenge and holds me accountable. But, I don't like to start writing in there and miss a day, since it records this, too. I enjoy seeing how many days I've written in a row, and I get a bit discouraged when I have to start my counter over.

That's what happened. I started sooner than I had intended, when I clicked on the wrong link by accident. I figured I was there, and since I was planning on starting back up in there in the near future, now was as good a time as any. Then, the other day -- or yesterday, maybe, I didn't get logged in soon enough and would have had to lose out on sleep to write my words. I was beat, and opted to miss the words. I've been trying to get myself into a routine of getting to bed earlier on the nights I have to work the next morning, and that held precedence.

Tonight it's a similar setting. Only I don't have to work tomorrow, and I don't have to be in bed quite as early. Even so, I have a long drive ahead of me in the morning, a full day with relatives, then a long drive back tomorrow evening. Sunday it's back to work as normal. I haven't eaten dinner yet, and I want to get some stuff done here yet tonight, so I don't have to try and get them done tomorrow, or be behind again come Sunday.

So, not much time, therefore no 750 words, and a short entry just to keep my journal current.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829893-Friday