*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830141-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#830141 added October 5, 2014 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I missed writing in here yesterday, just never got a chance...

Rhonda and I had the day off yesterday, the first Saturday either of us has had off in a long time, I'm talking years. I think it's been about three for Rhonda, and about two for me. It was a nice change, but not a very relaxing day off. Nonetheless, it was a good day.

We had a birthday party to attend, but it was a four hour drive to get there. Not just a minor birthday party, either, it was for Rhonda's mom, who turned eighty. It was a grand party and reunion that lasted all afternoon. So, we had put in for the day off, and even though things started to fall in at the last minute, we managed to get the day off.


So, Saturday morning we were up early, got ready and headed out. Unfortunately things did not start out well, and we ended up an hour and a half behind schedule, and late for the party. But we made it, seen friends and family, and then after the party, we all congregated at Rhonda's sister's for the evening. We didn't get going from there until after eight, and it was closer to nine before we actually started out for home.

We had gone up the interstate and took the quickest route there, but I wanted to take a more leisurely route back and miss the construction. It would have been a pretty ride if traveled during the daylight hours, but even at night it was nice. It took longer, and it was early morning by the time we got home. Then it was a matter of relaxing and unwinding before bed, and by the time I actually got into bed to go to sleep, it was after four this morning.

I had to work to day, so up at six. A long day, being so tired out. That meant a nap after I got home, and I slept most of the afternoon. So, no time yesterday, and little today. But, I should be off to bed in a half an hour or so, and that means a good night of sleep before work tomorrow. I'm hoping that will make for a much more productive day, even if I do have to spend it working, and doing some unpleasant tasks after work.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830141-Sunday