*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830247-This-ones-about-The-Slider
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#830247 added October 6, 2014 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about The Slider.
** Image ID #2010042 Unavailable **


What's goin' on you guys? Another Monday almost in the books...the start of a busy week that for me ends with bein' on "Fall Break" starting tomorrow night after Science class, so yeah I just wanna make it through the rest of today and tomorrow in one piece.

I'm goin' NP (no prompts) today because I literally don't wanna be up all night tonight (by choice at least), which could be what I'm lookin' at were I to actually consider a full-length entry (and that's what I get for not using my time wisely this afternoon...stupid homework *Rolleyes*). So here's my pick tonight for "Resurrection Jukebox..."The Slider" by T.Rex.

You might be more familiar with "Bang A Gong" (which was covered by 80's supergroup Power Station), but ever since an ex-coworker buddy of mine really got me into T.Rex, my favorite song has been "The Slider". It's one of the few songs I can be in almost any kind of mood and no matter what, it makes me feel better. The hook, the instruments that kick in, and the steady (not too slow, not too fast) beat all combine in such a way that makes you almost want to think that it's possible to defy gravity and slide upward...which, well, let's not get into the actual lyrical references to cocaine that are all over this song. Sometimes you just want to enjoy a song for what it is on the surface, and not what it's doin' to the singer's nostrils.

Most of the primary members of T.Rex's heyday are dead, with singer Marc Bolan   being the first to go while the band was still enjoying relative success and a brief resurgence in popularity. Bolan and T.Rex have played with some legendary figures in the British music scene, and to this day are still influential.


"And when I'm sad,
I slide."
Lyrics and interpretations.  


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Cakeb* Maybe some of you have already seen this on your WDC Newsfeed, but in case you haven't check out "Thank You, SM & SMs!...it was a really cool thing to be a part of last fall (I have about a 3.5-second cameo somewhere toward the end *Laugh*). Just thought I'd share the whole clip again.

*Camera* How about another round of pictures that don't make any sense at first  ? Some of these you kinda gotta take a good look at before you realize they're not as improbable (or perverted) as they first appear.

*Bookstack2* And then there's this slideshow of seven children's books reimagined for adults  , only I don't believe they're for all adults if ya know what I'm sayin' *Wink*...think "overgrown man-childs", like me for example.

And that's all yer gettin' outta me tonight, I swear! Well, ok, I'll probably read a few of my fellow Soundtrackers' entries tonight, and maybe make some comments, and then screw around on Facebook while having the MNF game on, but then that's all yer gettin' outta me tonight! Peace, like a ball of love, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830247-This-ones-about-The-Slider