*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830337-This-ones-about-the-fall-FEVER
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#830337 added October 7, 2014 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the fall FEVER.
Blog City image small


Party people, welcome to "Still Figurin' Out Who I Think I Am, where uninformed, uninvited, and uncultured opinions are welcome and prevalent at times! Hope you people are having a fantastic day so far...I know I am, but that's because of my reasons, so let's get over ourselves and see what today brings...

*Beakerr* "Ebola. Thoughts?"

Like I said in my business class last night (regarding most corporations' "sick time" policies and how they treat them), "Don't get sick." Same with Ebola...don't get it.

Politically, the left says "we've got it under control", while the right says "hide yo wife, hide yo kids, hide yo husbins, they ebola-in' errr-body!". C'mon man, can't we get a god damned scientist up in Congress for once who understands the dangers of the planet (who isn't already related to politics through banking, or being a lawyer, or the scent of big money pocketeering)? Fuckin' A...I don't want some kiss-ass lawyer tellin' me it's ok to shoot guns at other nut-jobs, and I don't want some white-collar bank baron tellin' me it's ok to rape women in their god's name while they milk 401k's for all they're worth.

Ain't a damn scientist in what we know as "Congress" right now. And I'm not endorsing anyone here, or saying I know any better, but for real...the quote-unquote bankers, lawyers, and economists we have up in the cushy seats in one of the worst places to live in the US don't and won't have an answer for Ebola.

Politicians will tell you to spit-shine your crusty ol' hole-ridden Adidas Shell-toes. They'll say "Get a tarp" when it comes to hurricanes. And they'll offer the poor only the cheapest, nutritionless food opportunities to the poor. Flu shots? Yeah, they're free, if you have an insurance that'll pay for it, which you most likely pay for in the long run, and even then there's no guarantees that the vaccines purchased at a large volume and distributed to the drug store pharmacies offering it will actually work. If they get the strain wrong, then we hear the words of corporation- and media-induced fright, "Flu Epidemic". And you think that because you got a shot and still got sick the Governor's gonna come and wipe your nose because he promised enabled you to have a shot to prevent a certain illness, and you took it, but you still got sick? No. he's somewhere else on Big Pharma's corporate jet, trying to spread the sickness share.

Pig Big Pharma owns the US because there's money in keeping people sick. It's a better business decision than keeping people healthy, cognizant, and aware. "Let's fill 'em with pills and chemical solutions and fancy ray-guns and tell 'em it's the truth, so we can get that insurance money!" Fuck that. They don't care about the depreciating quality of life, the total loss patients feel, nothing. Why do people say "Fill me up with radiation, so I'm so sick that I can't enjoy my grandkids"? Isn't that the point of grandparents? To enjoy that? Fuck.

Maybe I'm so wrong, but hear me out.

I'm not convinced that Democrats know what to do about Ebola, and Republicans aren't sure either, so their first goal is to attack the Dems. And the Repubs say "Secure The Border!!" like it's the fucking cure. And it's not; especially if we're sending trained physicians out there where it's happening to help solve the problem.

Is letting an afflicted Ebola sufferer into the US ok? Yes and no. Are the docs here more trained to deal with it? And don't doctors and Pharmacists take the Hippocratic Oath  ? Personally, I don't know but shouldn't our doctors and scientists have the abilities to treat strains of viruses without blowing out a "blanket cure" before it becomes an epidemic, before it becomes too late? Is Africa our farm team, in baseball parlance? Are we reintroducing these sicknesses into the world so we can find a way to treat them, and then bringing them into America first with "the fear", and after a few people die, Big Pharm can swoop in with another "well, you're not gonna get it, but you might unless you take our shot" excuse scam to please big businesses?

I'm getting way off track...basically, Ebola sucks, and we as a society won't care until it really hits home and we have to start raising money "for a cause" by wearing and putting ribbons on our cars to support some needy family who lost a kid to Ebola because that's who we are now as a nation. And we don't have to be so fucking sad and dependent. We're the smartest god damn country in the world...figure this shit out before retail empires have to get involved and slutty teenagers have to start wearing t-shirts for no reason other than they say "Free Ebola" or some other dumb shit on 'em.

BCF PROMPT: "Tell us about your ideal hayride. What would you bring? Who would be there?"

My ideal hayride? No! Don't bullshit me! Why are these considered fun? Let's sit on bales of hay that horses, cows, sheep,or whatever have shit on, and let some jackoff try to "scare" us in the process? Realistically, I could shit myself and then wake up the next morning wondering what happened before I needed to ride on an animal toting a bunch of people through a forest through of people caked in illy-advised makeup grabbing at my legs in an effort to scare the shit outta me. Same with the corporate "haunted houses" you see popping up in deserted strip malls. Ain't died when I was working there; ain't gonna die in the park with a forest where I played baseball, football, and basketball in either...like the local news wouldn't be all over that! "Man dies on the hiking trails of Losson Park...story at 11.". Naw man. Bike paths of Amherst? That's another story, and there have been books written about that. But word, I don't have the time nor patience to get all up in nature. Well, yeah, I have, but we can save that for later.

Alright Lyn's a sly fox , an ideal hayride might take us through some scary-but-not-so-scary parts. Like, we know it's gonna be scary but "we're not gonna die" stuff. I'll be amused, and I won't be bored. I'll just grab my rider close next to me, and if she's not scared I'll wipe off my attempts at distracting her from her enjoyment, hope she's enjoying the actors playing the forest creepers, and pray she's batshit crazy enough to accept me that hayrides aren't my thing, but me-and-you stuff is. And I don't really have a "thing" except "leave me alone when I write" and "let's sleep in on Sundays before I shop for an amazing football Sunday feast where we can watch football and drink beer that I will help prepare and clean up after".

I've been there. I've done that. Shake me from my hoity-toity mountain bottom. Make me more than making delectable alternative nacho treat morsels for your friends and collapsing into fantasy football insanity on my alone time! I'm not your team; WE are your team! Oh...I'mma shut up now. Nobody cares if it's a Tuesday.

Sorry not sorry for that rant...that last paragraph was where I left off to take a nap and I guess I assumed this was all over with. So I guess the answer to this prompt is Hay Rides on my own: NO; Hay Rides with a pretty lady who lets me do stuff because I go on Hay Rides: YES.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #2010042 Unavailable **


It's getting harder than I thought it'd be to pick out some dead artists for the "Resurrection Jukebox. But that's partly my own fault because I don't wanna repeat artists and bands and...10 more days of this?! Then I'll let everyone else have the easy picks and then cherry-pick some faves at the end, if I get that hard-up for names. *Rolleyes*

Today I'm ridin' with Bobby Womack, who died earlier this year, but not for reasons you'd think. Sure, he was some classic R&B croonin' funk jive cat back in the 70's, but I didn't get turned on to the strength in his wail until a few years ago when he was a side player along Mos Def on Gorillaz' Plastic Beach album. Classic car chase (fat cop: no donut), Bruce Willis playing a stereotypical gun-happy vigilante (eye candy), and computer-animated freaks winning in the end...that's "Stylo". This ain't 110th Street.


"If it's love is electric; it'll be flowing on the streets.
Night after night. just to get through the week.
Sometimes it's hard right now."
Lyrics.  


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Leaf2g* Been tryin' to get back into eatin' healthy again (hence the shards of lettuce in my fridge), but I followed through on some recommendations/local cravings and finally grabbed some food from a Greek place, Pita Gourmet. Of course, I ordered possibly the least-healthiest menu option, a gyro. I had a gyro once at the Erie County Fair, and like all fair food, it was amazing. This? Not so much. Loaded with lettuce which wasn't draped in enough Tzatsiki, and the pita itself wasn't sustainable. Plus, while I'm all for charred meats, if they're in my gyro I'd prefer them to be not stacked atop each other in my little hand-held meat missile aimed for my gullet. Bonus non-plus: Usually hardcore Greek places shave the meat off the lamb from a rotating, roasting skewer of some sort...and while this place had no shortage of the standard pretty counterhelp, there was no rotating meat of any sort to be found. Very disappointing. I even skipped breakfast for it...and I forgot to ask for Feta on it as well.

*Beakerr* And if you're curious about Ebola, here's a handy flowchart   just to make sure you're not afflicted.

*Shovel* With all the negativity surrounding the world today, don't we need some positive messages? Here's some Ron Swanson motivational posters   for your room, office, cubicle, or pantry party panties place where you hang out the most.

*Left* Looks like I'm headin' to Buffalo tomorrow instead of Friday...change of tentative plans. Get that nugget of info, cancel what I have goin' on, and then get the "That's ok?" message from my mom. Yeah, that's ok, now...it damn well better be! Just playin' mom ('cuz I know she reads this). I know it's not easy and all for me being so far away and hard to get to and an inconvenience at times and after Thanksgiving or Christmas it might not be 'til the spring before we meet up again, so I'll...just shut up now, and thanks for lettin' me crash on your couch, watch ESPN 'til I fall asleep, and eat some damn appreciated, rib-stickin', home-cooked goodness.

Well, I think I set out to do all that I accomplished today (including the rescheduling of the next two days' worth of shit stuff)...on to the rest of my evening, and yours too for that matter. Peace, always searching, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830337-This-ones-about-the-fall-FEVER