*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830822-to-Blog-or-not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#830822 added October 11, 2014 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
to Blog or not?
What to do?  I was told by my publisher to start a blog.  After a month or so went by I put one up at wordpress.com  At first I stuggled what to write. I had some trouble getting it "published." After I confirmed my email it was ready to go. I didn't see the previous post I drafted so copied and pasted one from my author's facebook page I thought was especially good.  Then I found the first one and posted that too.

To  my surprise I found emails of a bunch of people I don't know have read my blog and are now "following" it. I'm curious, why? How did they find me I just opened the blog up a few hours ago.

To my WDC blogging friends, do you read author's blogs on other sites?  Why? What do they write that keeps you coming back to read them?  I have gone to my favorite author's pages and found new book info and stuff like that. I get their facebook posts that are pretty interesting to see what they do as a regular person. They take their kids/grands to school or have play dates. They post when they go on a press tour, that was fun to see pictures of and wish I could do that!!  All in all as an aspiring writer they don't post things about writing.

Maybe they did in the beginning. Then what? Do any of you find a author blog and check out their archives?  I haven't as yet.

The blog prompts we have here on WDC are just for fun. They aren't always about writing. They are about free writing, making you brain go to a different place. It could lead to a scene in a story or creat a new one. Am I wrong that this isn't real blogging or is it?  I'm confused. Help anyone??


© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830822-to-Blog-or-not