*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831571-Next-Steps
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#831571 added February 13, 2016 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Next Steps
[First entered without any correction October 2014]

My daughter wanting a bike after 3 years of avoiding bike use is a strong signal to me that some good is coming from the move. At the very least, it is a shift in attitude, in which she is reclaiming one of the things I know she really likes to do. It is a bit of clarity about depression and how that condition can rob you of who you truly are for a while.

I am happy that I am in a position to get her the bike and accessories she needs. My writing is slowly coming back into focus as well, and that is probably a sign too.

I went for about 5 months without writing in the blog, and I can see that the change in schedule and location has had a big impact on my comfort (having a creative time and space). Now I agree to pat myself on the back for writing every two weeks.

I made a written list this morning. I was awake before the sun was up, and my mind was already planning more than Wonder Woman and the entire Justice League might accomplish in a day. So I wrote out every task that came to mind. I placed a box beside it if I thought it had priority for the day and could be checked off. this is the clarity I need for being mindful of my next steps.

© Copyright 2016 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831571-Next-Steps