*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832665-Wednsday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#832665 added October 29, 2014 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
Wednsday
It's been chaotic again, but hopefully it's going to calm down now. Even so, I have managed to keep up my journal pretty well, but that's about it.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like, every time I start to get a handle on things, something comes along and rips it right out of my grip. That's the case, over and over, and most times it's something beyond my direct control.

First and foremost on the list is my job. But, I can manage around the hours and the problems that arise most of the time. The biggest setback with work is trying to keep a regular schedule. I have that pretty well under control for the time being.

Of course, there are still plenty of times I get called up and have to change plans. Just last week I ended up spending most of my time off investigating and reporting on an incident that took place at work. Again yesterday, I had a call come in from the corporate office before noon, but he didn't leave a message, and has not called back. Of course, I do have my cell phone turned off. If it was important, however, they do have my home phone and should call that.

The latest deterrent to getting in here and getting anything done, is illness. I can't say it was anything recent, since I've been sick since the end of August. But, the last month has been bad, very bad. Allergies are a big part of it, and now that I have completed my Prednisone regime, they seem to be getting worse again. Hopefully it's late enough in the year for things to settle down.

On top of allergies, which seem to be extremely bac this year for most people, I had some kind of respiratory infection as well. Actually, I think I had the infection prior to the allergies flaring up so bad, and that is what did me in. I was sick, short of breath, very tired, and feverish all the time.

So, I worked, then after I got home, I would sleep. That was about the extent of things for me. I was very out of it, and was just to tired to do anything. Of course, I couldn't continue like that for long, so I went to see my doctor and got some medications. Even as they started to kick in, the side effects seemed to be almost as bad as the illness I was treating. But, with time, the symptoms of the illness subsided and I found myself feeling a little better.

Now, I'm done with the steroids, and that has me feeling quite a bit better. Unfortunately, I also have a return of the allergy symptoms, but not as severe. Hopefully I can treat them with an over the counter allergy medication now, until later in the year when things settle down more.

I am still taking the antibiotics, and hope that they will kill off any infection still lingering. I'm also equipped with an inhaler, just as needed, and it seems to be needed less and less.

Yesterday marked the first day in a month, maybe longer, that I did not require taking time for sleep in the middle of the day. I had slept in, and made an entire day without needing to sleep more. I'm doing just as well today, but again, I slept in late. It's still a big improvement, considering I have in the past, slept in, gone to bed early, and still slept most of the day.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good today. Tomorrow I return to work, up at three and all that same old stuff, and we will see how I feel after I get home. I may be tired, but hopefully it's only a result of not getting to bed quite as early as I should tonight, a result of sleeping until eleven today, and being up so early.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll be feeling much like my old self.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832665-Wednsday