*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832792-A-Spiritual-Man
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#832792 added October 30, 2014 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
A Spiritual Man
I have never met a man any more spiritual than Gene:

I have but a small slice of the pie to share of all there is that constitutes his life.

Gene came into my life when I was a down and out preacher. My dad had just died, I was no longer a pastor as such and was in the midst of a painful divorce. I had never knew anything apart from being wanting to be a preacher. I was entering into another chapter and he was there just when I needed him most. We'd fix fences roofs, climb trees gather wood for the stove in the basement. There was always something new for me to learn. He kept me on my toes with his quick wit and grin that was ever present.

The words that I heard the clearest were about doing honest labor and the importance of hard work. These were words that I took with me as I entered the world of secular employment. His words were important as I embarked on new adventures.

I cared a lot about Gene and I can recall asking if he was okay:
A scripture comes to mind in John 16, It talks about going through labor and grief and in the end rejoicing that a child is born into the world.
Gene would say in his own way "Don't worry about me I'm okay.

And about that small piece of pie-he'd say nothing is wrong with a small slice of pie as long as it tastes good. I am glad for having met Gene. My life has never been the same since

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832792-A-Spiritual-Man