*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833262-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#833262 added November 4, 2014 at 8:10pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
The time is now; the time has come -- to log into WdC and get my journal entry done. Yes, right now, before it's pushing the time I should be retiring to my room for slumber and dreams. Typically I wait until just past the last minute to get in here and do this, and of course, that also means some times I just don't get in here at all.

Not tonight. Dinner is cooking, and while I wait, I'm logged in and writing. I didn't get a chance to log in sooner, and therefore I didn't get a chance to read and review anything. But, I did have a good day, and made good use of the time. I did get some important stuff done today, and playing catch up takes a lot of time.

See, today is election day here, and I firmly believe in participation in the process. But, I also believe that only qualified people should vote. What makes a person qualified? Well, like so many things, this topic could get pretty lengthy and in-depth. But, to give a short version, lets just say a qualified person should be someone who has not committed crimes against society, is a legal citizen, and has taken the time to understand the issues and standings of the people they are voting for.

This is where I spent a great deal of time today, getting a clear idea of who I need to vote for. I have heard some of the crap, some of the promises, and a little of the campaigning, but not enough to know just who should get my vote. So, today was a research day spent studying biographies, and past actions of many of these people, as well as their current standings on today's issues. Then, comparing them to past standings on similar issues as well as against the opposition.

See, I'm not really a Republican or a Democrat, or any other party member. In fact, I don't really believe in the party system. I vote on who will do our state and our country the most good; who will uphold the principles and way of life this nation is founded on.

Since I didn't stay current, it took time to prepare and make a good choice. But, it was either take the time to know, or just not vote. I firmly believe that no vote is better than an uneducated guess vote.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833262-Tuesday