*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833201-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#833201 added November 3, 2014 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Kind of late tonight, again. But, it was a pretty good day. It started out getting to sleep in a bit later than most Mondays. Normally I would work and have to be up at three o'clock, but I had today off, and didn't have to get up for anything. Rhonda did have to work to day, so I got up when she did, at seven. We enjoyed coffee, breakfast, and kind of a leisurely morning. Normally she wouldn't have gotten up until eight, but we had gone to bed pretty early. As it turned out, she was up at six, because of a Dinger.

What's a Dinger? It's kind of a long story, and we'll have to save that for another day. But, we can give the short version. A Dinger, is short for Labradinger, which is what Hannah is. A two year old, going on three, we rescued from the pound almost a year ago. She is have Lab, half Springer, and quite a little bundle of energy. She had piddled on the rug a few days back, and Rhonda had scolded her, telling her not to do that again. So, at six o'clock this morning, Rhonda was awakened by a very determined Dinger. She needed to piddle, and since the rug was off limits, needed someone to let her out.

I don't know why she wakes Rhonda, she just always has. She jumps up and gives kisses, roots with her nose at any exposed body parts, and just won't quit until she gets Rhonda up. She has done the same to me a few times. But, when she starts kissing, I just tell her to knock it off and she does. She'll snuggle right up and sleep tight against me, waiting until I get up. Rhonda does the same, but for some reason, Hannah doesn't stop, she relentlessly continues until Rhonda gets up. Who knows what goes through the mind of a Dinger.

Anyway, we enjoyed the morning, then I took Rhonda to work, did a little work on site, came home and did a little work form home, then went back in to pick her up later in the afternoon. I didn't get much done at home, but had a nice afternoon. I did get some shopping done, too. I also made us a nice dinner, and then we relaxes in front of the tube. I suppose now that there are no tubes left in a television, I can't call it the tube anymore. Interesting thought.

Anyway, it's about time for me to head off to bed

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833201-Monday