*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833497-TO-FIND-A-VOICE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#833497 added November 7, 2014 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
TO FIND A VOICE
Saw an interesting blog today about finding your authentic writing voice. The author suggests a writer list the first three things that come to mind when you're asked to describe yourself/your writing. Read something you wrote recently. Do you hear any of those descriptors? You should, if you're writing openly. What do you think of her advice?


Suddenly the calm is shattered; my heart seizes and beats frantically as we sweep down toward the earth. Falling so fast, the sound of air, whistle-rising, roars around us. So fast! I close my eyes, giving my life to the gods, to the goddess. I fear to see the end. Then like a giant swan upon the water, we land on the desert plain, gentle and soundless.

I can see the great rock rising above us like a lone sentinel in the flatness of the plain, the top glowing gold in the first rays of the morning sun. I can smell the earthy tang of vegetation and riverbank mud. There is life here in this wild, lonely place that is to be my home. The machine stirs and my lord and master climbs out of the front compartment, his long robes gathered over one arm and the still glowing power stone in the other. Now I am impatient for this life to begin.


The above two paragraphs are part of the Prelude to the Apex Project. This is a finished novel in the throes of final editing and reviewing with WYRM group. I have not made it public to WDC yet. I feel these words help represent the 'Voice' I am attempting to maintain. I write fantasy and science fiction and I guess historical style (Knights of Sparrow). I like swords and horses too.

I want to be a strict story-teller without getting into a lot of personal philosophy or ideas piled in. I write a representation of reality, wanting it to be very believable so when the story twists into something spiritual or advanced technology, it will be justified and logical.

I write about advanced human abilities, reincarnation, adventure and action without a lot of violence except when absolutely necessary. I write about love, but not so much sex. I believe my words must, MUST, carry the reader along without interruption.

My characters are detailed, and I hope they become real persons as the story progresses. Sometimes they are inspired by people I have known, or they come from a horoscope, or a news story. I find that my characters often have a mind of their own.

I love the creative part and the planning and working the puzzle pieces together into a coherent whole. Editing is truly painful. My mind fights that kind of focus, but I'm learning thanks to my friends at "WYRM. In-depth reviewing is an art.

Having worked for most of my life in theater and films, I tend to see my writing as images. If you don't see an image, I've done something wrong.

As they say around here, "Write on!" >>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833497-TO-FIND-A-VOICE