*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833552-THIS-IS-A-POV
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#833552 added November 8, 2014 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
THIS IS A POV
Yes, I was reading again, another blog I follow. What is point of view? How do you find that perfect voice in your story? Do you agree with how the author explained it? Do you prefer a particular tense when writing?


I agree with the important points made by warriorwriters at WordPress.


I have experienced extreme difficulty with my characters in Apex Project. There are moments when the living persons have awake, past-life visions. When they record their remembrance of the event, my usual Third-Person Shifting must change to first person POV for the transcription. Then within their narration they become their past-life persona. Some of it is past tense remembrance and some of it is present tense, happening now. I worked it out with a lot of help.

I will never look at a POV the same. I did a lot of editing and deleting and rewriting to make it correct. The difference is that when reading the story flows without interruption and the reader stays with whoever has the POV.

The omniscient P.O.V. is very wonderful or it can be deadly if the writer starts expanding their stream of consciousness. When I can I try to play the scene with the characters and real dialogue. See the event or moment rather than tell about it. The narrative voice is great to smooth quickly over boring or repetitive information. The other danger I've experienced is the omniscient POV easily can slip into a very boring passive voice. If there are more than two 'was' in a paragraph, I get really nervous.

In blogging, we tend to stick with first person voice almost all the time. It is like talking to the reader---sometimes friends, sometimes total strangers. If they can read the blog, understand your point of view, and get to the end...hooray!

So that's my contribution for today.

Peace... >>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.





© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833552-THIS-IS-A-POV