*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834270-Lifes-a-Bitch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#834270 added November 17, 2014 at 6:28pm
Restrictions: None
Life's a Bitch

Once again I had half an idea for a blog entry complete with the next set of USA photographs, but as ever life gets in the way.

Last week I received the sad news that a dear friend of mine from school days had lost his ten year battle with bone cancer. Those who read the series I wrote along with Nada may remember the several entries where Graham put in an appearance, or more likely not. No matter, it's a hard blow and my heart goes out to his wife and daughter. A lovelier guy you couldn't wish to meet and he's deserved none of the struggle he's endured. He'll be very much missed at our school reunions.

Yesterday when son and family were here hubby started to complain of a severe pain in his right knee. He frequently suffers with joint pain and has had some problems with the knee, particularly since a fall he had in Salt Lake during our trip. On Friday he'd had a pain relieving injection in it at the doctors. This morning he woke up in even worse pain and couldn't get out of bed. A doctor came at lunch time and due to his history decided he should go to hospital just in case the knee is harbouring an infection. She said she'd arrange for an ambulance as he wasn't capable of getting into a car.

Several hours later and no ambulance in sight so I had to phone emergency services to ask for assistance. After SEVEN hours an ambulance finally arrived and he is now at the hospital awaiting blood tests and a diagnosis. So much for our caring, sharing NHS. Obviously we are all on tenterhooks after the drama of two years ago and can only hope and pray this is not something similar. My gut feeling is they may have unintentionally injected more than a painkiller into the joint.

I have no idea how long it will be before there's any news. I suspect a few wee drinks might be needed and that's the only medication I trust lately with all the news of weird infections. Just hope this déjà vue feeling is short lived.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834270-Lifes-a-Bitch