*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833235-Natural-Beauty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#833235 added November 5, 2014 at 4:06am
Restrictions: None
Natural Beauty
There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain.


I'm sure most of us can relate to these opening lines of one of my all-time favourite Beatles songs. We all have happy memories of holiday resorts and special days out, places we have lived and visited as well as not so good memories of other places. If I were asked to list the five best places I have ever seen in my life I'd be hard pushed to choose, but I know for certain Yellowstone Park would be amongst them, possibly at the top of the list. West Yellowstone where we stayed in September was a charming town, clean, slow paced, interesting, friendly and the air unbelievably clear. The night skies were breathtaking and the blues in the daytime stunning. I know conditions in the winter there are harsh, but still imagine it has a natural beauty like nowhere else on earth. We visited many places within the park itself and every part was worth photographing. So much so it has taken me ages to sort and edit all the pictures I took and I can only upload the best assortment to post in here. Sadly my camera battery died when we reached Old Faithful itself, but I did manage a short video clip which I've hopefully embedded here.

I still have a lousy cold and am not thrilled by the onset of dark nights and fireworks here, not to mention that other thing I don't even want to think about yet, but my memories and photos of our visit to Yellowstone will remain with me as long as I have a memory.

The photos are best viewed as a slideshow.



https://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/Yellowstone2014?authuser=0&feat=directli...







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833235-Natural-Beauty