*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834542-Time-or-Money
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#834542 added November 20, 2014 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Time or Money
         There is an old ice breaker question: If you had a choice, would you want more time or more money? There are so many ways to look at this.

         There many self-important people who would say time is money for them. Sales people, wheelers and dealers, real estate moguls (I know I'm being redundant) who want to charge the doctor if he's held up with an emergency patient, because during the time they waited at the doctor's office they could have closed a deal or made a thousand dollars or whatever. Time is money for doctors and especially for lawyers and accountants who charged by the quarter hour.

         Some people get bored with too much time on their hands, but would love to see if money could keep them entertained. To others their dreams are tied up in big projects that require a lot of money. Obviously, a lot of people want more money.

         Then there are busy people who don't have enough hours in the day. They aren't rested because they have kids, and elderly parents, or sick relatives, demanding jobs, household chores, and personal errands. They need more time for exercising or more free hours for writing and still take care of self and family.

         And some of us see that life is short, we want more time added onto our lives, not our days. We want more time to accomplish those dreams, to love those people, to do all our stuff. We want to think our lives count and live to see the evidence!

         Me? I want it all. If I had enough money, I could pay someone else to run my errands, clean my house, cook my meals, take care of my father, so that I could go all the places I want and pursue my dreams. If I have a longer life, I want the health and freedom to live it fully. I've lived on very little money and know I can survive. If I lived in absolute poverty with everyone around me doing the same, I'd probably opt for money. I've lived on hardly any sleep, and run myself ragged, and was unhappy, but I got through it. I do want to live as long as possible and still have some quality to that life. So I think I'd place the highest value on time.

© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834542-Time-or-Money