*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834603-An-Understudy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#834603 added November 22, 2014 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
An Understudy
         I just heard a great line in a romantic comedy that's gotten me excited. "You don't want to be an extra in the movie of your own life." Wow, isn't that the truth?

         Yet, I'm sure a lot of us don't get to be the stars a lot of the time. Overbearing parents, partners or bosses take the center stage, and we just put in our time. I know when I was married I never got to be the star of my life; I was the second banana until I got out.

         That's probably easy for a lot of people to relate to. High school kids let a friend dictate their actions, even other friendships. Sometimes in work situations, or with sick family members, we have to play the extras, maybe for extended periods of time. But it shouldn't be all day, every day, year after year.

         I like the thought and I'm going to post it on my desk. I'm going to remind myself of it often. I don't want to be the understudy, or the extra, or the prop girl, in the movie of my own life.


© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834603-An-Understudy