*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835262-God-sense-of-humor
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#835262 added December 2, 2014 at 5:45am
Restrictions: None
God' sense of humor
One of the more interesting stories of the year has been seeing how families are discovering love and caring from persons who could only dream that a meaningful connection could make a difference. It was not too long ago that I was in the hospital and needing a ride home. My sister in law was able to help and in the midst of it I found a place to stay for a while, as I was on the brink of a painful divorce with her sister. I am very sure I thought many times that nothing good could come out of the mess. That was twelve years ago. Eventually I would give marriage a second chance with Sharon. I had no idea that in time She would be a key player in helping the sister in law that helped me so long ago.

I have no idea how it started. It was just this year that Eileen asked if we could help her move. Sharon and I got what we needed and went to give her a hand. Eileen had a reputation for being in and out of the hospital and it was getting to the point that the only road was to go to a nursing home.
Sharon built a friendship with Eileen. Who would have thought something like that could happen. Sharon has been a caring presence for Eileen and because of that Eileen is deciding that she does not have to give up on herself.

It must be remembered that Sharon did not even know Eileen existed when we were married. She often thought that she was stranded out her with no friends, so help me understand how all this can happen. I am deciding that God has a hand in it and must have a good sense of humor. God takes the wisdom of the world and proves it to be foolish. God sees that even in a horrible crisis like divorce there is opportunity for redemption in God's time!!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835262-God-sense-of-humor